Are the Ergon PC2 pedals a significant upgrade?

Operator7

Very noob question here, but there is a sale at REI and these can be had for $43, so was wondering if they would be a big improvement over the pedals that come with the ST1?

Very noob question here, but there is a sale at REI and these can be had for $43, so was wondering if they would be a big improvement over the pedals that come with the ST1?

It has low Q factor i.e., it is closer to the cranks than most pedals. It helps increase efficiency but some people prefer to have the pedals farther away from the crankset.
So, while sitting on your bike, move your foot closer to the crank arm and see if you'll be comfortable with that position and if so, you'll have no problem with the Ergon pedals.
I have tried them at REI, very comfortable, the only reason I didn't get them I already have a good set of flats.

Also the sale is only for small sized pedals. My shoe size is 12 and I prefer large.

Hi Rick,

I think this is the 2014 model, versus the 2015? Not sure if there is a big difference... here is the link:

https://www.rei.com/product/891393/ergon-pc2-pedals-2014-overstock

You can also enter OUT20 and get another 20% off this price. This price is about the same as Amazon, so no discount there, but a savings of 10 bucks with the code.

OK thanks. They only seem to have the the 2014's in the small size, but I'll take advantage of the 20% code for some commuting pants. Thanks!

Back