Are profiles relevant any more?

pushkar

Some of WW customers crushing it with the new controller. Thanks!

I have a question - with that much torque, sometimes I wonder if there is any value to cargo versus cruising profile ? If you dont mind testing - let me know out your use case and if profiles are even relevant for a more powerful motor ?

Reactions: Ayl
Some of WW customers crushing it with the new controller. Thanks!

I have a question - with that much torque, sometimes I wonder if there is any value to cargo versus cruising profile ? If you dont mind testing - let me know out your use case and if profiles are even relevant for a more powerful motor ?

I don’t see myself doing much with profiles. Given the way you tuned it, I feel I can get all I need from the torque and power of the motor. As it is, I fine the torque and power comes on with refinement and works well with how I ride. I’m using my bike to cruise around in retirement, as my main means of local transportation, etc. I average about 20-30 miles on most days and I’m using about 10 to 15% of a full charge. In short, all my current needs have been met and met well by your default tuning. While I can imagine how others might make use of profiles, I’m a happy camper with the current setup.

I think the ability to create profiles would cater the UC to each respective rider. Besides having a "cargo" and "cruising" profile, I could use one to make my UC compatible with local regs, or a profile that's a true economical setting if I'm worried about not having enough juice to get to where I need to be. After having to use the thumb throttle yesterday to get home I'd probably make a profile for that.

I think the ability to create profiles would cater the UC to each respective rider. Besides having a "cargo" and "cruising" profile, I could use one to make my UC compatible with local regs, or a profile that's a true economical setting if I'm worried about not having enough juice to get to where I need to be. After having to use the thumb throttle yesterday to get home I'd probably make a profile for that.
Aaah. Great point.

What about profiles that are street/trail legal mode(750w & 20mph) and off road/off trail mode the later unlocks the full speed and wattage of the motor.
These would be more for people that are facing heavy Ebike bylaw enforcement, if your local police have NEVER issued a ticket in your demographic area they don't care right now, so it wouldn't matter to those people.

How is it in Boston, because you are riding a beyond Class 3 Ebike with the max wattage with the Archon?

What about profiles that are street/trail legal mode(750w & 20mph) and off road/off trail mode the later unlocks the full speed and wattage of the motor.
These would be more for people that are facing heavy Ebike bylaw enforcement, if your local police have NEVER issued a ticket in your demographic area they don't care right now, so it wouldn't matter to those people.

You can do that with the custom display - once it is availbale. It will boot up in the street legal mode.

You mean 750W ? :)

Sometimes the controller feels to powerful and i would prefer to do more "leg work" when accelerating or climbing hills.
With my DCP-18 display and the X1 controller "ECO 1" provides 750W, but if it would be 250W, the ebike would still feel quick enough.
If i could program the profiles myself, i would do:
Profile1 = 250W
Profile2 = 500W
Profile3 = 750W
Profile4 = 1000W
Profile5 = 1600W

Sometimes the controller feels to powerful and i would prefer to do more "leg work" when accelerating or climbing hills.
With my DCP-18 display and the X1 controller "ECO 1" provides 750W, but if it would be 250W, the ebike would still feel quick enough.
If i could program the profiles myself, i would do:
Profile1 = 250W
Profile2 = 500W
Profile3 = 750W
Profile4 = 1000W
Profile5 = 1600W

Right now we can only support 2 profiles. You can always change the wattage in real time with the new display once it is ready.

Right now we can only support 2 profiles. You can always change the wattage in real time with the new display once it is ready.

I like it, keeps the Ebike 100% legal if you have that issue/need Profile 1 500W for Canada 750W for US
Profile 2 anything higher than that, whatever you want.

Back