Are Haibikes huge?

I'm 5'10 and 180lbs and 32" inseam. I just picked up a 2015 Trekking Pro size 52cm.
Go for the 48cm. I usually ride a 54-56cm and the Haibike cradles my crotch with both feet on the ground, where there should be a 2cm gap

I'm 5'10 and 180lbs and 32" inseam. I just picked up a 2015 Trekking Pro size 52cm.
Go for the 48cm. I usually ride a 54-56cm and the Haibike cradles my crotch with both feet on the ground, where there should be a 2cm gap
Thanks for the insight. I've got the 48 cm on order. Bike shop thought maybe I should order the 52 (they haven't stocked a Haibike before). Hope to find out soon whether it was the right choice.

Haibike puts model woman ..... it is because the different geometry between woman and man. At the same height both, the woman has longer legs and a shorter torso or spine.
Men
Crotch 84cm size 52.
the treking has very little suspension (6 cm) and the engine + pedalier has little height low center of gravity
, it is not valid to go up and down all kinds of stairs.

The rings are to raise or lower the handlebar ,colors red,green,blue.

Size frame + seat suspension.

Jayve in USA Haibike do not have speed pedelec treking yamaha engine 500w,speed pedelec is all BOSCH.

Attachments

• 20171212_004411[1].jpg
    20171212_004411[1].jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 804
  • Inked20171212_004440_LI.jpg
    Inked20171212_004440_LI.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 806
Hi, I wanted to see if anyone has advice. I am planning to buy for my 5'4'' wife either the 2016 Haibike SDURO Cross SM or the 2016 or 2017
Haibike SDURO HardLife 4.0 Ladies given I am seeing good clearance sales and already own a Haibike with Yamaha battery.

But I am really confused with sizing. I am reading 5'4'' lady should use a frame for a road bike should of 52cm but it seems like that may be too big for Haibike? Does anyone have any sense if I should be more like 50cm here or smaller?

I would hate to mess up here. We are casual riders mostly on roads in mountain region -- park city, utah. Thank you so much for insight!

I bought today , I think las t new in stock 2017 Xduro 4.0 , found two low and high step, both in size L ( low step - 56 cm and high was 60 cm). Im 6.2, 35 inseam, the shop that was selling high step told me itw ould be perfect fit since stand over height was roughly 32". I was hesitant to buy it and was pushing the other shop assemble low step and see measurements. Apparently reach, horizontal tube distances are the same for those models in the above mentioned size. Low step stand over - was about 27". I was super excited to grab low step but after it was assembled the guy said that he had to raise seat way up a bit above handle bars to seat fine. He was 5.10. He told me I would need to add longer stem and do some tweaking or I should consider buying high step instead from another store.
The decision was made to buy high step, although I see that most on this forum bought two size down from haibike recommended, I think Over50 mentioned that he would consider going size up . Since the price for high step also was 300$ less and free shipping I decided to give a try. Will keep you posted.

P.S. I was able to stand over 2018 sduro trekking 4.0 in 64 frame and top tube was right in my crotch area, so I think 60 should work , although 56 could work too, depends if you prefer road or mountain bike top tube clearance.

Confirmed 60 cm frame for 35 " inseam works perfect. After installing Ergotec stem , I love it now. My observation , look at Haibike web site recommendations for height and frame size and go one size down. Exp: I was recommended by Haibike rep to buy XL - 64 cm frame, but all other sellers from West and East coast convinced me to go with 60 cm mainly for the reach and not 56 cm. And I think that what Over50 was not happy that he felt crummy on his bike and wished to have a size up.
My saddle was a bit up of steering handlebars and with OEM reach I was like 45 degree lean , but after installing aftermarket stem Im 60 degrees now. and I m thinking strongly shortening my handlebar by 2 cm from both ends and make it 680 mm (720 current)

Yes the XL 2018 Trekking is very tall. 85cm (33.5") stepover to the bar measured. I would not recommend it for anyone who is 6'1" or shorter, perhaps 6'3" and up. But I ride a KTM 500EXC, so I'm very used to 'tip-toe' ride heights. It works for me at 6'1" x 34" inseam. But one more inch would have been bad. What is nice is that the handlebars don't need a new neck to raise them.
I would probably go one size smaller than their recommendation.

...And I think that what Over50 was not happy that he felt crummy on his bike and wished to have a size up...

Whoa, hey, wait ... this is a total misquote. I never wrote anything like that. What I wrote was: the standover height for me is perfect but the bike feels small ... I think if I had gone with the low step then I could have moved up a size. It doesn't feel crummy and I was happy even though the bike feels small. I can do my entire commute with no discomfort (37 miles). I sit more upright on the smaller Haibike than on my 49 cm R&M. I would prefer a bit more reach than I have on the Haibike. But I could not have gone a size up with the high step because the stand over height would have been too tall. Hope this clarifies.

I’m 6’2” with 34 inseam and recently picked up an XL - 64cm SDURO Trekking 6.0 2018. I love the big frame (especially since previously was borrowing an SDURO cross SM that was definitely too small). Agree that 1 more inch on the frame height and i’d have problems with it. The big frame feels like driving in an SUV vs a small sedan when compared to my regular non e-bike. I’m into it.

If anyone needs this information... I'm 2 meters tall with 98cm inseam, and 2018 Sduro Trekking 4.0 XXL (64cm) is perfect for me. So I suppose a person should not be much under 2 meters to choose a 64cm frame.

I think the confusion for many people comes from the fact that the low-step and high-step Trekking models have different size ranges. I am 5'11" and have a 2017 Sduro Trekking 4.0 size 48. That 48 is regarded as a medium in the low-step but as a small in the high-step. The bike fits me pretty well although I sometimes wish I had gone up one size to a 52. But that would be too big in the high-step line. I suppose Haibike regards low-steps as more fitted for women when in fact I like the low-step for ease of getting on and off with a bag on the carrier. My main point is people need to be careful to distinguish between low-step and high-step sizings. A small in one is not the same as a small in the other....

Back