Archon X1 Controller

traderfjp

Region
USA
I find the stock programming on the M620 motor to work fine. I like the linear power. What I don't like is that the motor isn't working up to full capacity. From what I read this motor can easily achieve 2kw nominal. Does the X1 achieve much better acceleration or is it just a mild upgrade? Thanks - love to hear first hand experiences.

I’m surprised no one’s replied earlier to this thread and question. If anyone followed my story last year re bafang motor failure issue and warranty not supported by an ebike shop in Sydney (unnamed after a settlement ) I took to court and won on appeal and was compensated for, update, I subsequently replaced it with a m620 motor from Wattwagons with the Archon X1 controller. I can tell you it’s like day and night the difference between a stock bafang ultra motor and the X1 controller tuned ultra motor. I’ve been blown away by its power, smoothness and efficiency on battery life. I feel like its the experience I’ve been waiting 5 years for and multiple failed bikes, including the absolutely useless Kalkhoff bike I started with then going through numerous 1000W bafang motors to the failed ultra motor, god I’m pray I don’t jinx this one, but so far so good, I’ve also replaced the alphine 5 speed rear hub to the the 11 speed, if it handles it (time will tell), it’s a great combo, the X1 motor cost a truck load especially in $AUS dollars and shipping fitting etc but so far so worth it. For anyone thinking if it’s worth it, it is.

Wow.
Here’s my experience.

Purchased an Archon X1 motor from WW back in Oct of 2020.
Compared to my older BBSHD motor it was a big difference in performance, for the better absolutely.
Shortly after that most of my friends who I ride regularly with wanted to get on the train.
One guy did the same as me and ordered a HP-180 frame and Archon motor from Pushkar and we built our bikes up from scratch.
So far so good.

Another guy goes with a Biketrix bike with the stock G510 motor, two other guys go with an AK bike but still had the stock motor and programming.

Let me tell the stock settings were pretty rough to start with but we, (I) programmed each of those bikes to make it much more rideable and smooth.

The Archon is a bit smoother but not by much. It will probably run a bit cooler because of the mosfetts that are used but unless your pinning the throttle all the time you won’t see a difference.IMO.

If I lined up my bike and one of these and not told you what was what I don’t think you could tell.

With all the shite going on with the company and lack of coms I will never do business again with them period.

I wish them all the best don’t get this twisted but my time and money is more valuable that to put up with this shenanigans.

If this motor, or controller, ever roll a six and go belly up I have a brand new stock unit sitting in a box in my garage and I will program it with the specs I used for the other bikes I have done and never look back.

If you know how to program and which parameters to mod you can make these motors pretty darn rideable.

Oh and another thing I just reread from the above post about it getting “better battery efficiency” all they do is reduce the wattage output per those parameters. Example: limit throttle to 50% or reduce PAS modes %.
Comes back to using less wattage to get more battery range.

We kinda just went the opposite way and went with bigger battery’s for our rides.

Last edited:
It’s a shame to constantly hear about WattWagons communication issues and is a big risk for me having a proprietary tuned motor for sure, if it fails, I’m done with electric bikes unfortunately, I don’t have the skill or the will to turn the motors myself, the money I’ve spent on electric bikes I could've purchased a nice electric car.

Back