Anyone tried both an ST2 & A Kalkhoff S11 Integrale

Not enough time on Integrale to give an assessment. Houston Expo track only. Both high quality machines. I have an St2 and still blown away by this bike. Just used walk assist 1st time, as panniers were loaded, up a slight incline. Truely amazing feature.

Did commute on a kalkhoff endeavour s11 ( the forerunner of the integrale ) for about a year . 6000 km without any problem. Almost all km with max auxillary power. Bike is very well constructed in my opinion.
Because of the middrive all power is transmitted through the chain, I had to change the chain and the pinion after 3000 km. No other problems with it at all.
The st 2 was still on my mind though , but almost twice as expensive.
After some carefull thought went for the st2 afterall.
St2 has more power and is a class of its own.
Prefer the st2 now however i didnot regret the kalkhoff.

If so how would you compare? Which did you prefer and why?

One of the truly committed and trusted people in the industry are The New Wheel in San Francisco.
They recently reviewed Integrale S11.

They also S&*%t ton of ST2's to the tech savvy bay area people.

Having owned an ST2 for sometime, I can share a few things.
It's a great bike with wonderful range and speed. It's also heavy and may not be as agile as S11. For short distances, I prefer my NEO Nitro because it feels agile. But for long distances > 20 miles, ST2 is great fun. They can improve the racks and some of the drive components.

Personally, for commuting purpose, I wouldn't get a mid-drive of Bosch or Impulse. Not because of quality issues, but just because mid-drives don't over exert and harder to maintain speed. I personally believe mid-drives are meant for off-roading and low speed applications.

Let us know what you end up with.

One of the truly committed and trusted people in the industry are The New Wheel in San Francisco.
They recently reviewed Integrale S11.

They also S&*%t ton of ST2's to the tech savvy bay area people.

Having owned an ST2 for sometime, I can share a few things.
It's a great bike with wonderful range and speed. It's also heavy and may not be as agile as S11. For short distances, I prefer my NEO Nitro because it feels agile. But for long distances > 20 miles, ST2 is great fun. They can improve the racks and some of the drive components.

Personally, for commuting purpose, I wouldn't get a mid-drive of Bosch or Impulse. Not because of quality issues, but just because mid-drives don't over exert and harder to maintain speed. I personally believe mid-drives are meant for off-roading and low speed applications.

Let us know what you end up with.

Thanks Ravi

I'm with Ravi on this one. I looked into the Kalhkoff S11 and test road one several times. I agree it is a really exceptional bike and for the price has some top quality components. But my decision to go with the ST2 was as Ravi said - the gear-less motor is really well suited for commuting. Love my ST2 and am never disappointed in the ride.

Back