Anyone took their ebike in flight?

Sijin

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried taking their ebike in a flight(as a checked in luggage)? Any clue if we can take these batteries are allowed? All pointers seems to say that only battery size less than 160 watts are allowed. Most ebike batteries should be above that value.

Regards
Sijin

Hi,

Has anyone ever tried taking their ebike in a flight(as a checked in luggage)? Any clue if we can take these batteries are allowed? All pointers seems to say that only battery size less than 160 watts are allowed. Most ebike batteries should be above that value.

Regards
Sijin

As long as it is within 500Whr, you should be able to carry it in your cabin baggage.
Are you planning an international travel?
I'll check with one of our customer and let you know.

Hei thanks for the info. Yes my question is about International travel. Allowed (spare)battery capacity is shown in most places as 160watts. No mention about ebikes or the case in which battery is attached to the bike. The lowest of easymotion, 36v 9 amp battery itself is 36*9=324 watts.

Hello Sijin,

You can carry up to 300Whr in your carry-on baggage. Since, 36V, 9Ah = 324Whr, it may not be possible.

More info in this document from safetravel.gov and let us know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 492
Thanks!!! Most assisted wheelchairs also will be having more than 300wh. Curious whether those are allowed or not. I will check with couple of airlines also to see their policy.

I remember last spring checking with Lufthansa and the conclusion was that it would not be allowed. I was then somewhat toying with the idea to buy a bike in Europe and bring it with me on the plane.

I've been having the similar thoughts. Flying to Spain to get my hands on a Nitro Race and ship it back to Australia. Unless there is a dealer in Europe that'll do it for me...:D

[QUOTE="Flying to Spain to get my hands on a Nitro Race and ship it back to Australia. Unless there is a dealer in Europe that'll do it for me...:D[/QUOTE]

I guess your not serious but if you are I am pretty sure my local dealer would send a bike to Australia.
He now sends bikes to neighbour countries.

Back