Anyone know what the update did for the Nyon?

fooferdoggie

I dont see any info. I see a download icon so you dont have to go to the settings page to see when it's syncing. and new maps. Bluetooth still acts the same.

Haven't noticed an update but I'll check again later.

Is the Nyon software version still 3.0.0.0?

I have noticed an improvement in communication with my Apple Watch, particularly with HR. after a recent watch OS update the watch picked up Ebike connect, Strava and others. Not sure exactly who’s responsible for improvements

I have noticed an improvement in communication with my Apple Watch, particularly with HR. after a recent watch OS update the watch picked up Ebike connect, Strava and others. Not sure exactly who’s responsible for improvements
my phone connection comes and goes so I gave up using the watch. often it does not connect at all to my phone. or I shut have the the Heart icon andante tell if I am connected to my phone.

The onscreen update notice wasn't exactly informative!

A quick flick through the screens and I find that maybe the range according to topography on the map display screen is less flaky.

My main wish is that they've stopped the inappropriate implementation of EU HS ebike route restrictions in countries where they don't apply. That could quite possibly make Nyon/ebike-connect routing finally usuable.

Last edited:
Did I see that the maps are updated to Oct last year? That's laughable!

Creating routes on ebike-connect web and app still avoid cycle paths with a vengeance (at least for HS bikes) so I don't have much hope for any better with the Nyon update.

Last edited:
From the Bosch website:

Nyon​

07/2023: Release notes for Nyon (BUI350) version 4.0.0.0​

Improvements:
  • A map update is available.
  • General improvements in stability and performance.

... so no further information.

I could be wrong, but haven't they split the OS from the maps. There is now menu entries for offline maps and independent map updates in the settings. Has that always been there?

Also seeing improvements to speed of transitioning between screens. A full change log would be nice.

Last edited:
There is now menu entries for offline maps and independent map updates in the settings. Has that always been there?
Interesting. I'll check that out later.

A jump from version 3 to 4 would normally indicate major changes or added functionality in software.

Later: The map related menu looks the same to me, but ....

Last edited:
After testing during a ride, the range according to topography on the map display screen appears to be improved considerably.

Previously the range map would, at times, simply not get generated. During the test it was regenerated with every assist level change.

the maps seem a bit smoother. but bluetooth is better.with me is I ride so many times every day and not always with a HRM. o the Nyon does not always reconnect when the bike is just in standby it seems better now.

After testing during a ride, the range according to topography on the map display screen appears to be improved considerably.
After another test, it seems I was premature in my conclusion!

Following an imported route on Nyon continues to exhibit idiosyncrasies under certain conditions.

Heart rate recording (chest band) via bluetooth can be flakey at times. Simultaneous recording to OSMAnd on mobile is fine.

So what warranted a jump from v3 to v4?

I was surprised today when I booted up my Gen 1 Nyon (1 GB) it gave me notice that a software update was available. I plugged it in to USB power and it updated from version 1.9.2.0 to 1.10.1.0. Also updated the installed maps for my state. I figured that Bosch probably considered the original Nyon to be end of life status, so was surprised to get an update,

I figured that Bosch probably considered the original Nyon to be end of life status, so was surprised to get an update,
I'm using that same piece of hardware (1GB Nyon Generation 1) for 9 years now. And because it is Bosch, I am confident that I can use it another 9 years with updated maps every now and then.

Back