Anyone know what Como this is?

Tfbruin

This is off the specialized website. What is this como with a suspension fork?

4A1228C3-2FC9-4873-B586-1FE72B205413.png

It would not be difficult to mostly replicate it. The only thing you could not do easily is to have the wired rear light on the fender. But while those look cool, they are more prone to getting broken. IMO, it is better to have a rear light on the rack.

This was off of the US site so kind of confusing. I would buy one in a step over as well. Dang it.
I do not see it. Do you have the link? Previously I said it would not be difficult to replicate, but looking again I notice it has 700C wheels, while all the U.S. Como's listed have 650b wheels.

I do not see it. Do you have the link? Previously I said it would not be difficult to replicate, but looking again I notice it has 700C wheels, while all the U.S. Como's listed have 650b wheels.
Exactly. I think Specialized should introduce those EU Comos to the North American market as MY 2021 with N.A. programming. (The major reason I didn't want a Como was the 25 km/h nature of the EU Como).

The plot thickens ... wonder what the programming in Uruguay is. Maybe US unlimited.Maybe EU slow.

Last edited:
They are showing a bike they don't have in stock.And most likely won't have soon. But I wonder what the tarriff from Uruguay to the US would be🤔.and just how high up in the speciaized bycycle company you'd have to be to put that under somebody's tree this Christmas.😁

Yup you are right, not sure how I ended up there. I would still buy that Como in the US.
Well, however you found it it's quite a find. A hint of what's possible. And Brendon seems to think you could put a suspension fork on a Como....but it is probably not easy. Specialized can be difficult to work with, so a good dealer is important. Happy Hunting to you. 😁

Well, however you found it it's quite a find. A hint of what's possible. And Brendon seems to think you could put a suspension fork on a Como....but it is probably not easy. Specialized can be difficult to work with, so a good dealer is important. Happy Hunting to you. 😁
It's super easy, we swapped a rigid carbon fork onto a Vado. All you need is the axle to crown height and fork rake. A low travel straight 1 1/8" suspension fork for disc brakes works like a charm. Be aware of the front axle too, chances are (like in the bike shown above) it'll be a 9x100 QR axle versus the thru axle that the US Como's come with.

Actually, a quick release would be OK. I doubt a Como rider will tackle a rough enough trail to care. At least not more than once.
:oops:

Back