FoxtrotAviator

I recently bought a Used RadRover from a co Worker. I LOVE this Thing!!!. I'm going to buy myself a new one, and give this one to my Son. I found an expired coupon code, but I noticed a few older posts where people mention they used a coupon code for their purchase.

Anyone know of any codes like that still working? I am going to get the new Rover regardless. But a discount would feel great! Thanks in advance if if someone has one.

I recently bought a Used RadRover from a co Worker. I LOVE this Thing!!!. I'm going to buy myself a new one, and give this one to my Son. I found an expired coupon code, but I noticed a few older posts where people mention they used a coupon code for their purchase.

Anyone know of any codes like that still working? I am going to get the new Rover regardless. But a discount would feel great! Thanks in advance if if someone has one.
1 moreradebike is the code or just orderby phone as they will have your previous purchase on the database.

I know Radrover made some changes from the 2015 to 2016 versions (I have two 2016 versions and like the 2016 minor updates). We are already 4 months into 2017 and I don't know when Radrover will roll out the 2017 versions OR if there are any changes, new 2017 options, or additional accessories?

I don't know if it would be worth calling Radrover to see if the 2017 will hit the streets anytime soon and/or any discounts on 2016 versions?

Rad Power Bikes are made in China.
I know they are Chinese made bikes.
So is the VOLTBIKE.
But the Rad Rover is an American company. The majority of the bikes profit goes to the American company .
And it's shipped free from the USA.
Don't need to import it.
For the money we pay for these bikes , they pretty much require dealing with China.
I think the main reason I want the RAD...The voltbike has a big sticker on the side "VOLTBIKE.CA"
I can't have that. LOL

Last edited:
I know they are Chinese made bikes.
So is the VOLTBIKE.
But the Rad bikes Electrical components are assembled onto the Bikes in USA.
And it's shipped free from the USA.
Don't need to import it.
And it's an American company.
Most of the profit goes to Americans.
For the money we pay for these bikes , they pretty much require dealing with China.
I think the main reason I want the RAD...The voltbike has a big sticker on the side "VOLTBIKE.CA"
I can't have that. LOL

You can remove the sticker. All ebikes are pretty much made in China. They maybe assembled in USA but all the factories are in China.

I think they are both decent and have the same or similar components overall like motor, brakes, derailer etc. They even look alot alike. I give the edge to 2017 updated Yukon limited. It costs a slight bit more than the RadRover but you get free helmet, free fenders and rack, shipping is only $70 in US and I like that the battery is partially integrated and not sticking out as much as the Rovers.

You can remove the sticker. All ebikes are pretty much made in China. They maybe assembled in USA but all the factories are in China.

I think they are both decent and have the same or similar components overall like motor, brakes, derailer etc. They even look alot alike. I give the edge to 2017 updated Yukon limited. It costs a slight bit more than the RadRover but you get free helmet, free fenders and rack, shipping is only $70 in US and I like that the battery is partially integrated and not sticking out as much as the Rovers.
Yeah I think that is excellent how they integrated the battery into the frame like that.

Yeah I think that is excellent how they integrated the battery into the frame like that.
When viewing side by side photos of both bikes (Voltbike 750 and Rad Rover), they appear very similar. But I just read something interesting.
But back to the Battery.
The Voltbike advertises a SANYO. And the Rover a Panasonic . Both 48V
This is obviously confusing at first, since Panasonic owns Sanyo. I wonder what exactly the differences are . I just read the FAQ and Specs of Both Bikes to see what type of life these batteries will have.
Below are quotes from the FAQ:

VOLTBIKE YUKON 750- 48 VOLT 10.4Ah- "The Life cycle of a Voltbike battery is up to 500 charges."

RAD ROVER- 48 VOLT 11.6Ah 30 amp continuous "Panasonic li-ion cells will provide approximately 800 charge cycles before a replacement is recommended ."

That is something to think about . I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker either way...But that is a significant difference.

We obviously drifted WAY OFF topic here .
It's a moot point anyway as I ordered a Rad Rover about 10 minutes ago.
So now I'm sure someone will post the $100 discount code!

The cycle limit on the batteries is pie in the sky stuff, too many variables to predict how long they will last or many cycles they will endure. Not the least of which is at what point do you consider it trash? 80% 50% capacity remaining? Could be the exact same cells between the two brands, just differing opinions on what an acceptable battery represents. I don't think there is any accepted industry standard.

The cycle limit on the batteries is pie in the sky stuff, too many variables to predict how long they will last or many cycles they will endure. Not the least of which is at what point do you consider it trash? 80% 50% capacity remaining? Could be the exact same cells between the two brands, just differing opinions on what an acceptable battery represents. I don't think there is any accepted industry standard.

Normally I would agree. But when you have essentially the same company (As Panasonic is the parent company of Sanyo) giving an estimate of when their product will start to decline after charge a certain number of charge cycles, I would pay attention to it. Yes many variables come into play during the batteries lifetime.
They don't just guess these numbers. If tests in a controlled atmosphere returns data prompting them to advertise the battery life they indicated, I would pay attention to it.
And when one value Is 37.5% less than the other, I would say there is a difference In quality.

Normally I would agree. But when you have essentially the same company (As Panasonic is the parent company of Sanyo) giving an estimate of when their product will start to decline after charge a certain number of charge cycles, I would pay attention to it. Yes many variables come into play during the batteries lifetime.
They don't just guess these numbers. If tests in a controlled atmosphere returns data prompting them to advertise the battery life they indicated, I would pay attention to it.
And when one value Is 37.5% less than the other, I would say there is a difference In quality.
I respectfully disagree. Different companies will use different metrics, different tests/ discharge curves, different equipment. Unless you have a known industry standard set of evaluations, the output numbers are meaningless between companies products. May be very valid data within one companies product line, but outside of that, very likely to be apples to oranges.

I respectfully disagree. Different companies will use different metrics, different tests/ discharge curves, different equipment. Unless you have a known industry standard set of evaluations, the output numbers are meaningless between companies products. May be very valid data within one companies product line, but outside of that, very likely to be apples to oranges
I respectfully disagree. Different companies will use different metrics, different tests/ discharge curves, different equipment. Unless you have a known industry standard set of evaluations, the output numbers are meaningless between companies products. May be very valid data within one companies product line, but outside of that, very likely to be apples to oranges.
I would agree with you completely if we were talking about 2 different companies. but in 2011, Sanyo became a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. In the last 6 years , you can bet Panasonic has made many changes , Including among many things, incorporating their known industry standard set of evaluations into the development of their Sanyo product. But who knows really. At this point I don't care really.
Every thing I read these days says Panasonic is at the top of the vehicle battery game . They have teamed up with Tesla even deeper for this whole new " Beyond Lithium" project . (I just wonder how explosive these batteries will be) I feel I made a good choice . And Frankly the Voltbike would have been a great choice as well.

I am also looking for a current code to purchase a second Rad Rover. The 1 moreradebike code must be an old code. Has anyone found a new 100.00 of code?

Back