Anyone have experience with the Grin all axle or GMAC motors?

The thing that jumped out at me above was not the wattage, but the amps. Amps translate into torque and its torque that can make the bad things happen to the fork. Every time this comes up, I kick myself for not taking pictures of the chromoly fork I ruined by spreading its dropouts thanks to motor torque - 80Nm rated motor with a 35a controller set to allow full blast startups. Didn't last 20 minutes. Added two torque arms one per side and never had another problem across about 7600 miles and two bikes. Is that enough for 40a? Good question. Whats the Nm output at max?

"Is that enough for 40a?"

Remember that the AnyAxle can take up to a 20mm thru axle. I have mine going in a 12mm steel fork.
The thru axle effect does not negate the need for a torque arm but the included torque arm is very efficient and has the ability to be set up for tool less removal.

IMG_3037.jpg

I personally have no need to try and run anything over 25A but I wouldn't have a problem putting 40A even through this 12mm setup. For an MTB I'd be looking for a thru axle sus fork for sure.

Apologies for getting off thread as it seems like it is heading in another direction than the title suggests.

Back