Anyone has 2019 Bravo with hydraulic brakes and bigger battery?

techeazy

Would you mind comment on your thoughts? Other than those two updates above, anything else? I am thinking to go with Bravo over Radcity for more torques. Thx!

I have the new Bravo (I also had the Bravo version before the upgrades) I'd say it's definitely worth it.

The hydraulic breaks are a great upgrade, and the bike just feels sturdier. Although I did replace the seat with a more comfortable one.

I have about 1,500 km on my updated Bravo and overall am happy with both the hydraulic brakes and 14.5 Ah battery. Avg 40 km using pedal assist level 9. I do need to replace stripped crankarms but a temp. fix I made appears to be holding up well.

@erider_61, I have exact the same updated version of Bravo as yours. I have 180km on it so far. I am quite happy with it too. I love the throttle. Trying to find a possibility to make throttle go up to higher speed.

Hi, I am torn between the Amego Infinite and Bravo. Those bike look like twin brothers to me but I have never ridden any of them. Could please share a couple of thoughts about the differences between them and and why did you make the choice for the Bravo?

Hi, I am torn between the Amego Infinite and Bravo. Those bike look like twin brothers to me but I have never ridden any of them. Could please share a couple of thoughts about the differences between them and and why did you make the choice for the Bravo?

Infinite comes with mechanical disk brakes compared to hydraulic on the Bravo. Infinite 6 levels of assist vs 9 on the Bravo. The Infinites rear light requires batteries.

Infinite comes standard with 13 Ah battery vs 14.5 on the Bravo. Although you can upgrade to a 16 or 18 Ah battery on the Infinite. But that will cost you $200 and $400 CDN respectively.

The Bravo comes with a free helmet. And I prefer the twist throttle vs thumb throttle on the Infinite.

I spent about 9 months researching on this site and the Infinite was on my short list. Also the Magnum Metro. I just felt the Voltbike Bravo was overall the better ebike of the 3. And with 2,500 km on it I can add reliability as well.

My warranty issue when my cadence sensor failed was handled quickly also, so happy to report customer service is also good with Voltbike.

Infinite comes with mechanical disk brakes compared to hydraulic on the Bravo. Infinite 6 levels of assist vs 9 on the Bravo. The Infinites rear light requires batteries.

Infinite comes standard with 13 Ah battery vs 14.5 on the Bravo. Although you can upgrade to a 16 or 18 Ah battery on the Infinite. But that will cost you $200 and $400 CDN respectively.

The Bravo comes with a free helmet. And I prefer the twist throttle vs thumb throttle on the Infinite.

I spent about 9 months researching on this site and the Infinite was on my short list. Also the Magnum Metro. I just felt the Voltbike Bravo was overall the better ebike of the 3. And with 2,500 km on it I can add reliability as well.

My warranty issue when my cadence sensor failed was handled quickly also, so happy to report customer service is also good with Voltbike.

Thank you erider_61. Because I am in Halifax I can not test ride or even check out the overall build quality of those bikes. Looks like Bravo does not have a suspended seat post. Probably easy upgrade. I am wondering besides the hydraulic brakes and bigger battery what would the overall quality of the bike? Workmanship, Das-kit parts on Infinite vs noname display - electronics and Bafang motor?

I had never ridden any ebike until I purchased the Bravo. Display on the Bravo is basic but gives the info you need....speed, odometer, pas level and bar level battery power.

The build quality overall is very good. Wiring routed internally in the frame. The padded seat is quite comfortable both on and off road. You could easily add a suspension seat post if you wanted.

Basic spring shock Suntour front fork has both lockout and preload features. And one other thing I really like about Voltbike....if you join their ambassador program...which allows potential customers to contact you and possibly test ride your ebike...you get $100 from Voltbike if they purchase one. I made $200 with this program. If there is an ambassador in your area you should contact them and go for a test ride.

Ambassador program is a great idea! I am seriously consider this bike for a purchase but very hesitant as I have never ridden any e-bike. Thank you for writing about it!

Bike with the red accents is the older discontinued model with smaller battery and mechanical disk brakes. The upper photo with blue accents I bought in 2019 was the upgraded version and came with hydraulic disk brakes and 14.5 Ah battery. There was no battery upgrade offered when I purchased in July last year...

Back