Anyone get glasses at Costco?

fooferdoggie

Anyone get glasses at Costco? I have always gotten them at the 1 hour place in the mall but they are expensive of course and I dont need them right away. I just need the glasses I have a prescription.
but I will have to buy a cosco membership to check it out. I my daughter gets the few things we can use from Costco so a membership is not something I need except for glasses.

Last edited:
Anyone get glasses at Costco? I have always gotten them at the 1 hour place in the mall but they are expensive of course and I dont need them right away. I just need the glasses I have a prescription.
but I will have to buy a cosco membership to check it out. I my daughter gets the few things we can use from Costco so a membership is not something I need except for glasses.
I have purchased several pair since I retired and no longer have vision insurance. In fact the eye doctor I had for decades recommended Costco. You simply cannot beat the price and selection. Even non prescription sunglasses are very competitive.
We have been Costco members since 2001.

Last edited:
I just bought three pair at my local Costco (in Canada).
I really only needed two pair for driving (regular and tinted),but Costco had a sale on ($75 off the second pair and $100 off the third pair), so I couldn't resist.
I also get cash back from my credit card and cash back from Costco, so the overall savings are substantial.

I have bought a few at Costco and it has saved me some money. The last time I got a new pair I had them take my old glasses, make them driving single prescription with a bronze photosensitive lenses. These really help my driving as the cut down on glare, are dark to begin with and darken more when needed.
For me being retired Military I can also get some through the VA at good pricing. Just don’t have all the fancy frames to choose from at the VA.

Once I ordered Rayban frames from Amazon and had Costco do the lenses. When I had an in house optical insurance benefit I still went to Costco because even with the benefit Costco was less expensive and great service and product as always.

I found that the $60 Costco membership saved me hundreds of dollars on my glasses, compared to my other available options. The membership was well worth it, just for the glasses.

I found that the $60 Costco membership saved me hundreds of dollars on my glasses, compared to my other available options. The membership was well worth it, just for the glasses.
I dont need anything there the volume is just way too much and we usually dont buy the popular stuff and we dont have a car so no gas or tires. but I was able to find they dont have the frames I like but I could not get a price yet on the lens I needed.

I have been using Zenni Optical online for about 3 years for my reading and sun glasses. They are great. Just upload your prescription and pick out your frame and lenses. Very easy process. I use the Optician in Wal Mart and I think I pay 50 bucks for a checkup and RX update...

I got these online for riding in crappy weather.
_dsc1409_updated_1.jpg

Try Zenni online. Cheap. Better than decent. Hard stop.

Independent eyecare professionals all the way! They use non-affiliated laboratories, so they will reject your eyewear if it’s not up to standards. If you’re using a big-box store, a one-hour location, or an online supplier, they are production and final inspection all rolled into one. I’m not saying they can’t or won’t do a good job, but their motivating factors just might get in the way.

Back