anybody ever get a flat with their shwalbe's and what was it from?

Yes the different countries using different ways is confusing. What bike and model do you have?
It's a 2019 Giant Explore E+1 GTS... stock tire is listed as "700x45c - 622x45".

At the moment it looks like I'm back to your original recommendation of the Marathon Plus with the armor. That would get me either a 40x622 or 47x622. Any idea how they are in the wet?

(A few years ago when I had my first "big" motorcycle, a BMW K1300GT it came with Bridgestone tires. I couldn't believe how slippery they were in the wet, and I thought it was because of the fantastic power that bike had, plus the fact that I'd gone from a 600cc bike to 1300. When I changed to Michelin Anakee 2's (at the time) I was amazed at how they performed in the wet. Totally transformed the bike. Absolutely amazing. So I'm really looking for a tire that is at least good (not bad) in the wet. Although riding in the rain isn't something I'm going to do much of on purpose.)

It's a 2019 Giant Explore E+1 GTS... stock tire is listed as "700x45c - 622x45".

At the moment it looks like I'm back to your original recommendation of the Marathon Plus with the armor. That would get me either a 40x622 or 47x622. Any idea how they are in the wet?

(A few years ago when I had my first "big" motorcycle, a BMW K1300GT it came with Bridgestone tires. I couldn't believe how slippery they were in the wet, and I thought it was because of the fantastic power that bike had, plus the fact that I'd gone from a 600cc bike to 1300. When I changed to Michelin Anakee 2's (at the time) I was amazed at how they performed in the wet. Totally transformed the bike. Absolutely amazing. So I'm really looking for a tire that is at least good (not bad) in the wet. Although riding in the rain isn't something I'm going to do much of on purpose.)
The Mondial is very very good in the wet. We get lots of rain here. In fact the forecast is for a week of straight rain beginning now (-: size 42 -622 should clear your fenders easily.

Last edited:
The one flat I had with a Greenguard Schwalbe Big Apple was caused by a roofing nail. The nail went right through the tire, through both sides of the tube, and buried itself in the inner wall of the rim. I had to pull the nail out of the wheel with a pair of pliers. I don't care what brand of tire that was, I was going to have a flat.

The Mondial is very very good in the wet. We get lots of rain here. In fact the forecast is for a week of straight rain beginning now (-: size 42 -622 should clear your fenders easily.
Performance Line or Evolution Line? Funny that it's on the Schwalbe web site but not in the 2019 E-Bike Tire pdf linked to above.

Thanks very much Steve, for your always good advice.

I hope that reading this post has not jinxed me...
I'm probably overdue..
just my luck
so pumping it up to 70 lbs+- ...Co2 then replace next day...

Back