Any "VoltBike Ambassadors" here?

KoryOZ

I'm curious about the Ambassador program and whether or not people feel it is worthwhile.

On the one hand, I do think it's a great way to spread the word about a bike that I will love (I think -- on order). And maybe make a little money, too. I live in the Washington DC area and there is no one with a VoltBike near the city.

But I also suspect a lot of people may just be interested in riding the bike to try it out and not be close to committing so it may just result in a waste of my time. I'm looking at you, @PCDoctorUSA! :p

If you have any experience with the program, please share.

Thank you!

Not yet. I'm still waiting for my Yukon 750 Ltd to be delivered. My bike was shipped yesterday and I live a couple of hours from their Vancouver HQ so hopefully it arrives today. I did have a test ride with a local ambassador before ordering my bike and obviously found it useful. If I'm happy with the end product I certainly would become an ambassador. If you are the only Voltbike ambassador in a city the size of DC, your services could be in huge demand.
The program itself seems like a really good idea. Even if you have 2 referrals per month and 50% of prospective buyers decide to pull the trigger you would still recoup the cost of your bike in about 2 years.
I have already been talking to friends about this bike and many seem intrigued, perhaps one or two decide to buy one for themselves. If they do, I just have to make sure they drop my name when they place the order.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the Ambassador program and whether or not people feel it is worthwhile.

I'm looking at you, @PCDoctorUSA! :p

If you have any experience with the program, please share.
Since beginning my quest for my first ebike commuter last October, the Voltbike Yukon 750 has always been on my short list. I've been close to ordering on several occasions but life kept getting in the way and taking my ebike savings. I know a fat tire bike may not be the most practical commuter, but my route is only 16.5 miles round-trip along poorly maintained asphalt roads with few bike lanes and high traffic volume. I also have about a 1.5 mile ascent home with an average 5% grade that includes a short 9% section. I questioned whether anything less than 750W was going to carry my 215# carcass up the hill. I rented a 500W geared rear hub ebike from a LBS, which confirmed my suspicion that it was underpowered, so I stopped looking at anything under 750W.

I considered the Rad Rover, but I liked the look of the Yukon's integrated battery and the 2018 model is now better equipped. On top of that, Rad Power Bikes wants $400 to ship their bike to Honolulu where Voltbike only charges $170. The Biktrix Juggernaut Classic (750W) is still on my short list despite exceeding my $2k budget with the 17.5 Ah battery option and shipping charge. I have no doubt the Juggernaut can climb my hill and I like not having to deal with a rear hub for flat repairs. However, I really wish I could test ride one to see if it's worth going over my budget. There are a couple of LBS that sell ebikes, but none offer a quality bike, fat tire or not, under $2k.

When I first looked at the Yukon, there were no Ambassadors in the entire state of Hawaii. About a month ago, I decided to check again and there was an Ambassador and just a few miles away. Not only did he have a Yukon 750 Limited but a Mariner as well, so I got to test both bikes and was blown away. I won't repeat the story again, but I will say if it wasn't for this Voltbike Ambassador I would have no idea what it was like to ride a fat tire ebike and to test how it would climb. It just so happened that the road to the Ambassadors house was a 12% grade and the Yukon did just fine with me assisting. Now that I've experienced the Yukon, I'm ready to commit at the end of this month.

Back