Any RadWagon owners hauling two kids?

The radwagon is pretty large for a bus rack, and more importantly it is very heavy to lift. Also, with the caboose, you might not be able to fit it at all, so I would not consider the bus rack to be a real alternative. The caboose should work well with kiddos that age (mine are 5 and 6) but you have to be able to lift the kids into it. Probably not a problem, but something to keep in mind.

Looking at doing this next year with the two kids. Walk to school is only like 15 mins but I think this would be fun and then I can ride the bike to work another 7 or so miles (about 25 mins)
How big is the radwagon? Can it fit on a Bus bike rack (if the weather gets bad) Also I do not think I will get the child seats, thinking of just the caboose. One kid will be 7 1/2 and the other 4. Hows towing 2 kids working out for everyone?

I do it with my 6&7 year olds (35 lbs and 52 lbs) who love it so much and can crawl into the 2019 caboose themselves.

Downsides
- with a helmet and backpack it’s harder ;)
- I usually then have to hold their backpacks and helmets while they crawl in

So if it’s a short ride we sometimes don’t put helmets on (ducks as other parents start throwing virtual tomatoes at me) - JUST KIDDING!! We only pose for pictures with no helmets ppl!!! Com on?!?

But another big downside is the top heavyweight

I’ve almost had bike go down numerous times because it’s almost 100 lbs and they don’t know how to balance. They just lean a little and it can go

Attachments

• B03B2643-4C2B-4822-A9F3-425A08D48A78.jpeg
    B03B2643-4C2B-4822-A9F3-425A08D48A78.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5,763
Back