any other foot-forward bikes besides magnum and townie?

You've told us you can't work on your own bike. What is local dealer support worth?

well .... as i believe you might know, in the deep dark past, i owned an e-joe, as well as a pedego, neither of which at the time had dealer support open to me. i survived. the only problem i ever had was w/ the brakes on the pedego and i figured it out. other than that, they ran flawlessly. which means? well ... i guess it's just like you said. i can't really work on my own bike. so ... what's that worth to me?

gulp!

gotta say, as well, that roshan, who's behind the biktrix, has been incredibly responsive to my inquires and my single phone call. yes, he wants to make a sale. but, i dunno, the guy gives me the warm fuzzies for some reason. and so ... what's that worth to me?

hmmm. best i go discuss this with my girlfriend. she's got more common sense than i do.

meanwhile, all this aside, do you have an opinion on the bike itself, as compared to the magnum?

Last edited:
I like Roshan, I think he’s an honest businessman. I’d buy a bike from him if I liked it.
But you be best off posting in any Biktrix threads and seeing what others think about the motor and service. I’m not a fan of that powerful of a motor. And less confident about service, parts, and repair locally. We attempted to stock parts for drives other than BBSxx series and Bafang won’t cooperate. That worries me. It looks like they are more interested in supporting the integrated drives and OEM’s. All good if there’s one to deal with.

My bias affects my judgement. Others are better sources for an opinion.

Last edited:
Hi flipper, because you already have experience with ebikes and have specific expectations, the most important thing might be to ride the bike before you buy it. if you're on a budget and want to easily keep it under $2000, you might want to try checking out the Aventon Pace, which is a little foot forward. They are based in SoCal and a few bike stores carry them. One plus with the Aventon Pace is that the step-through comes in two sizes and the diamond comes in three sizes. It's not a perfect bike and not any better than the other bikes mentioned. But, if there is an lbs close to you that carries it, it's worth looking at.

got all excited about the aventon pace, but then two things gave me pause. one is that the foot-forward biz might not be enough forward for me. second: the way riders complain how it takes off from a stand-still up to 12mph after one turn of the pedal as some kind of safety feature -- well, that's a deal breaker right there, for me. (i have various balance and stability issues.) now that i think about that, i better see if the stunner works the same way. i'm pretty sure that the magnum doesn't.

well, the hunt is over. i'm going to go w/ the magnum , buying it from a dealer who lives less than 2 miles away. next up? dog cart! thanks all for helping me along the way to where i am now!

Back