Any issues of riding at an average of 10 mph on a Rook or Colt?

Hometownhockeyfan

May be a dumb question...but, most people ask about top speed...I want to know about medium speed. :)

My normal riding on a standard bike is 10 to 20 mile rides at an average speed of 10 mph on local converted rails to trails paths...fairly flat with gentle hills.

I would like to use a Rook or Colt to do similar rides...but, just longer.

Any issues with riding at this pace?

Thanks...David

One of the reasons I asked, is I know with a cadence sensor bike, each 'level' of assist, effectively translates to a specific speed that the bike will maintain.

With the Surface 604's use of torque sensing...I assume the same is not true...but, I am not sure...which is why I am asking here.

Thanks...David

The torque sensing should allow you to ride at that modest level of speed. Sometimes cadence sensing based platforms are programmed in a way to where level 1 can be as fast as 12 to 13 mph. The Surface is not programmed for a specific speed at each level. Torque sensing is also tunable on it.

May be a dumb question...but, most people ask about top speed...I want to know about medium speed. :)

My normal riding on a standard bike is 10 to 20 mile rides at an average speed of 10 mph on local converted rails to trails paths...fairly flat with gentle hills.

I would like to use a Rook or Colt to do similar rides...but, just longer.

Any issues with riding at this pace?

Thanks...David

You could always lower the speed limit to something like 10 or 11 and have it cap out there. Like Rich said, you will have awesome range ;)

Thanks for the feedback so far. What I am trying to do is ride at speeds similar to other non-electric bikes....and not be a hazard to the walkers and horses. ;-)

Thanks...David

Back