Any input between Magnum Metro Plus and a CCS??

I have ridden the Magnum. It was a nice bike, but IMHO not great. I was pedalling hard to reach 28 mph. I could clearly get the feel of e assist, which wasn't very smooth. I'm guessing cadence only sensing was the cause.
For the price, the CCS just seemed to provide more in nearly every area, bigger battery, more power, torque sensing, etc.
If I didn't know better, I am sure I could have been happy with the magnum, but I ordered the CCS.

I ordered a CCS Few weeks ago without ever riding it. Just looking for a backup plan if and when I get tired of waiting. How does the CCS ride compare?

Lol. You will get tired of waiting. I know because I am still waiting on mine. I test rode a Trek Super Commuter 8 a few weeks ago. That is a really nice bike. It rode so well I seriously considered cancelling my order on the CCS in spite of the battery that is half the size and the extra $1000 cost. Fortunately, I have been active on this site. Others who have ridden both the Trek and Juiced assured me that the Juiced rides just as well.
There is no comparison in ride between the Magnum and the Trek. Granted there is a $2000 price difference there to consider. As soon as I get my CCS I will post to let you know how the ride comparison is.
Assuming that you ordered the 19.2 Ah battery which makes the Juiced and Magnum the same price. To me its a no brainer. The Juiced is a better bike with twice the battery.

I ordered about March 11th for April delivery. Last email from Juiced gave me an est. delivery date between May 9th and 16th. If that holds, it looks like a 2 month or so turn around.

Okay, I can now provide some direct comparison of the Magnum Metro + and the Juiced Cross Current S. The Metro + was the first ebike I test rode. It is a nice bike, but I was not "wowed" by the performance. I did achieve 28 mph on the flat, but it was with unsustainably hard pedal effort on my part. I also did notice the pronounced "on-off" feel of e assist with the cadence only sensor. This honestly wouldn't be a big deal, but it did create an unnatural feel.
The CCS can easily achieve 28 mph on flat terrain, in fact when the headwind dropped at times this morning, I was going at least that fast on assist level 2. From a strictly power point of view, the Metro is sedan and the CCS is a sports car. The overall ride quality is very similar from the bikes with the notable exception of the feel of power delivery. The CCS feels very natural and fluid while riding. The only time I notice the power assist is when it first starts up from a stop, otherwise it just makes you feel like superman.
At the $2000 price point, the difference between these bikes is actually fairly huge in terms of performance. The CCS has nearly double the battery capacity and much stronger assist performance. Other than that the bikes are strikingly similar in overall ride quality and feel.

FWIW, the only other bike I test rode that I seriously considered was the Trek SuperCommuter 8. That is a great bike, and honestly if it had the 52V battery of the CCS for anywhere close to the price, it'd be a fabulous option. However, since it has half the battery and costs $2000 more (I could've gotten it for only $1000 more), again there's no comparison. The CCS rides nearly the same and performs better.

Back