Another LCD and battery related question

Dfstarman

After trying 2 new batteries the LCD will maintain the time as it should.

However if you remove the seat/battery but the LCD still has it's 2032 battery the time goes back to the default 12:00 am and needs to be reset.

Can someone try that and let me know if yours works the same way?

Thank You

Last edited:
Presumably the electronics is set to run off the battery when the LCD is connected to the bike. If you remove the LCD then it still should hold the correct time.
If you remove the seat but keep the LCD turned on while doing so it would make sense. But, if the LCD is turned off and the seat is removed and subsequently replaced, then the LCD should still have the correct time. I am 500 miles away from my bike otherwise I would try that.

Presumably the electronics is set to run off the battery when the LCD is connected to the bike. If you remove the LCD then it still should hold the correct time.
If you remove the seat but keep the LCD turned on while doing so it would make sense. But, if the LCD is turned off and the seat is removed and subsequently replaced, then the LCD should still have the correct time. I am 500 miles away from my bike otherwise I would try that.

one would assume it would work that way lcd off remove battery and time is maintained but it doesn't on mine

Back