Another inferior Fazua motor clone...FSA HM 1.0

Attachments

• 04D7DC9C-2329-428B-B02B-A70D1F03A418.png
    04D7DC9C-2329-428B-B02B-A70D1F03A418.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 136
Richard, I just noticed you have a suspension seat post on your Lefty 3. On my ride yesterday, which usually consists of around 20km of hard-packed gravel, I was wondering if a suspension seat post would make the ride a bit more enjoyable. As you mentioned, the bike has some rear suspension travel, but it's really only for big hits and does very little to filter out the small vibrations.
Was there a noticeable difference after installing the suspension seat post?
Also, do you remember the size of our seat post?

The bike's front suspension is very similar to the rear, in that it only filters out the big hits. I installed a Redshift suspension stem and would highly recommend one. It really takes the 'buzz' out of the handlebar when riding on gravel.

Both models are class 3's
The speed motor option is new, within the past few weeks. In fact if you look under the components for the etap version, it still shows the CX motor.

The other main turn off for me was the direct to consumer model. I prefer buying a bike with local support and got my Cannondale from REI which has a local store 2 miles from my house and a bike shop with super friendly, capable and eager to help techs. REI does free adjustments on the bike for one year after purchase. Last week my rear wheel wheel started making tinky popping sounds. I found that some spokes were quite loose. I called over to REI and they fit me in the next day, I brought the bike in at 10 and by 2 they had the bike ready with a printout off the dished the rear wheel and balanced tension on all the spokes and applied a special spoke goop similar to thread sealant to keep them in place. No charge. Before delivery they even installed the tubeless byway tires and the Bosch Nyon kit that I bought, including dropping the motor to run the Nyon cable...all at no labor charge, except for the longer valves, rim tape and sealant. I put a larger cassette on the rear and they adjusted the derailleur for it no charge as well.

Finally, I liked the idea of the front fork and kinpin rear suspension. I would have liked the etap electronic shifing on the Grail but the 11-36 rear cassette is not much of a climber. The Neo carbon 3 came with a 11-42 and I fitted my bike with an 11-46.

Still very happy with my choice, especially with such outstanding local service. Also it helped to get 20% off the $6000 dollar price tag! At $5,600 it was a real bargain. Technically it was used with just 208 miles on it but it was in immaculate condition and they sold it to me with full warranty.

Last edited:
Richard, I just noticed you have a suspension seat post on your Lefty 3. On my ride yesterday, which usually consists of around 20km of hard-packed gravel, I was wondering if a suspension seat post would make the ride a bit more enjoyable. As you mentioned, the bike has some rear suspension travel, but it's really only for big hits and does very little to filter out the small vibrations.
Was there a noticeable difference after installing the suspension seat post?
Also, do you remember the size of our seat post?

The bike's front suspension is very similar to the rear, in that it only filters out the big hits. I installed a Redshift suspension stem and would highly recommend one. It really takes the 'buzz' out of the handlebar when riding on gravel.
The topstone Neo takes a 27.2 seatpost. I got the carbon one at Kinekt's HQ here in Bellingham. It adds an noticeable extra comfort to both gravel and road riding, absorbing smaller hits from stone and imperfections on the road.

I tried out the redshift on a bike a few years ago and found it better than nothing but did not like the shifting stem angle at all.

Kinekt also makes a parallelogram based spring loaded stem with a variety of weight based springs and an adjustable preload. It is heavy but keeps the stem angle constant though its range of motion.

I opted for a shorter, 80mm lighter weight fixed stem on mine and used an extra cushy bar tape which absorbs a lot of small vibrations that the lefty misses. I also moved the stem down 2cm that spacer from under, to the top of the stem on the steering tube. Which pitched my position slightly more forward and more aero. I still find it comfortable on my back and neck but it does put more pressure on my hand and my arms feel it after I ride

Last edited:
Ty for posting this, didn't knew about it. I just study it.
It's MANY TIMES better .This FSA hub drive may be the best ebike system out of ALL of them !!

Price, reliability, 500wh battery(250wh on the bottle). Fazua is obsolete , well done FSA !

I can't find the pricing for the in-tube of FSA, do you have a link?
Also, why are you saying that Fazua is obsolete?

Thanks,

I can't find the pricing for the in-tube of FSA, do you have a link?
Also, why are you saying that Fazua is obsolete?

Thanks,
I don't know the price, it will prob. Be very competitive.
Fazua.... In order to remove the battery to charge it , you have to physically tilt the ebike put it on te floor or upside down / put it on the side because you need to take the battery out and it's not that simple so that's just 2 charge it so every single time we need to charge it , need those
steps , put it back the same steps ; fazua doesn't have charge port on the bike frames and then you have the week motor and the smaller battery. It may b okay for some ppl., but The lack of the charge port on the frame makes it very hard to use it.
In other words very user UNfriendly, annoying system that after maybe 10 rides or even less will make u regret the purchase.

Watch the clip made by @Court , from 3.20 talks about that !

Attachments

• B4E7FA38-E626-45B5-B212-9D50FEF04C60.png
    B4E7FA38-E626-45B5-B212-9D50FEF04C60.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 142
  • ECC253BC-5AC9-455E-A702-8685CACC6348.png
    ECC253BC-5AC9-455E-A702-8685CACC6348.png
    580.8 KB · Views: 151
Back