Another inferior Fazua motor clone...FSA HM 1.0

Cannondale has gone down the crapper. In June my wife who rides 100-150 miles a week (road) bought a new Cannondale, I forget which model but it was a little under $3000 on sale. Two rides and less than 50 miles later the bike has a TWO bad cracks in the frame. Dumb ass at the bike store tells her she must have hit a hell of a pot hole. She is 110lbs and she never hit anything, front and and rear rims and tires are fine. After a week of arguing bike store finally gave her a refund. This is the 2nd Cannondale she has had frame issues with
Can you post some photos ? What type of ebike is this ?

Is FSA System HM 1.0 battery the same as ebike motion X35 system ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 10.45.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 at 10.45.32.png
    374.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Ebike motion.png
    Ebike motion.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 168
Is FSA System HM 1.0 battery the same as ebike motion X35 system ?
Ty for posting this, didn't knew about it. I just study it.
It's MANY TIMES better .This FSA hub drive may be the best ebike system out of ALL of them !!

Price, reliability, 500wh battery(250wh on the bottle). Fazua is obsolete , well done FSA !

There's no throttle on this better ebikes that i am talking about. Is just pure pedalling and a LOT more fun. Give it a try and you will agree.

You can't do a century on your Dyodo, the battery will run out even if you use it 30% of the time. But on a Creo or the others you could.
The Creo has half the power and battery that you cite as "what we all want" and there are lots of riders from whom it defines fun.

I suggest you use the word "I" more often than "we" when making these statements. You will get far more people agreeing with you instead of objecting when you include them in statements with which they do not agree.

The Creo has half the power and battery that you cite as "what we all want" and there are lots of riders from whom it defines fun.

I suggest you use the word "I" more often than "we" when making these statements. You will get far more people agreeing with you instead of objecting when you include them in statements with which they do not agree.
I can see who you are replying to but not what he writes...

I can see who you are replying to but not what he writes...
My reply was regarding this statement:

"Advice is to stop this chickening out and cheap builds that absolutely nobody wants.
The customers are mature now and know ebikes , thanks to people like me and many others here on ebr and elsewhere educating and pinpointing the mistakes or the "DO NOT BUY" items.

Look at what we want:
- min. 600wh battery
-min. 500watts motor
- max. 22kg or 45lb ebike"

My reply was regarding this statement:

"Advice is to stop this chickening out and cheap builds that absolutely nobody wants.
The customers are mature now and know ebikes , thanks to people like me and many others here on ebr and elsewhere educating and pinpointing the mistakes or the "DO NOT BUY" items.

Look at what we want:
- min. 600wh battery
-min. 500watts motor
- max. 22kg or 45lb ebike"
I meant that I cannot see what he writes because I hit the old IGNORE button for him long long ago. (-:

I agree with using "we" more often. And i have to keep an open mind out of respect for everyone's age, b/c going @16-18mph avg. instead of 26-29mph will no doubt come sooner or later...

Did u intended to write "The Dyodo has half the power...." ? B/c my complain is towards Dyodo or anything Fazua.

Creo it's an awesome road ebike.

I agree with using "we" more often. And i have to keep an open mind out of respect for everyone's age, b/c going @16-18mph avg. instead of 26-29mph will no doubt come sooner or later...

Did u intended to write "The Dyodo has half the power...." ? B/c my complain is towards Dyodo or anything Fazua.

Creo it's an awesome road ebike.
I meant what I wrote. I agree the Creo is awesome, gorgeous and capable. However ti only puts out a max. of 35 Nm with a 340 watt battery, while the Bosch speed motor puts out 85 Nm with either a 500 watt or 635 watt battery.

For a 70 year old , with some health issues, living up a hill with 17% grade to finish every ride, the Turbo Creo was not the right bike for me.

I ride regularly with a good friend who is a bike fitter, 60 years old and was once a pro road racer. He has been riding his Creo Expert for 9 months now and loves it to the point that his top shelf road bikes are gathering dust. It is a near perfect bike for him. We did a fantastic ride in April up some rough and gravelly logging roads with some narrow rutted sections and a 20% grade. I actually was able to climb sections with my Cannodale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 with a Bosch speed motor, that he had to get off and walk.

Cannodale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 with a Bosch speed motor, that he had to get off and walk.
Yes between Creo and a Bosch equipped road ebike, i would have also bought the latter 🥇👌. But Creo vs Xmotion or Fazua....well we all have a # taste.

Trek Domane+HP , many consider it the reference road ebike in US, but maybe it's similar in performance with your Cannondale(I do Hv. to check it out) ?

I'm very late with getting the +HP, as i was waiting with the hopes that new stuff/tech. will resurface. Well i realized recently that until april/may or later next year , this is the best we've got.

In EU they have the BH Core 1.9 carbon Pro (720wh, 65nm, 26.8lb). That's the ultimate acoustic road bike !

Last edited:
Yes between Creo and a Bosch equipped road ebike, i would have also choose the latter. But Creo vs Xmotion or Fazua....well we all have a # taste.

Trek Domane+HP , many consider it the reference ebike in US, but maybe it's similar in performance with your Cannondale(I do Hv. to check it out) ?

I'm very late with getting one, as i was waiting with the hopes that new stuff will resurface. Well until april/may or later next year this is the best we've got.

In EU they have the BH Core 1.9 carbon Pro (720wh, 85nm, 26.8lb). That's the ultimate acoustic road bike !
Totally cool looking e-road bike. Nicely speced in-house motor on it too. But I have to wonder how long they will build it and how long after that they will be supporting it with parts and tech advice. It is hard to ague with Bosch's stated policy of providing tech support and parts for 7 years after an item is discontinued.

In any event, it is not quite the right bike for me, a moot point as it is not available in the USA. I chose the Topstone neo carbon over the Trek HP because of its gravel bike features, a shallower drop handle bar that allows me to ride in the drops for many miles with no discomfort, because of its more relaxed, modified aero position. I am too old, still have a bit too much gut for a full aero ride position. I also like to easily see around me for both experience and safety, rather than staring at the road because I can't keep my fat head elevated enough for good visibility for very long.

I also really like the 30mm lefty fork and 30mm kingpin rear suspension, way easier on these old bones and joints. With 650b rims and 47mm WTB tubeless Byway tires, it is every bit at home on the road as it is on gravel and dirt. I rode 180 miles on it just this past week.

may to date Bosch dashboard.jpg

Last edited:
I checked it out , i like it, it must be a lot of fun and the kinpin suspension it's very unique for road biking. And 1k less vs Creo EVO (7250$) + it's a LOT more powerful . It would be good if they would also make a bottle battery.
Does the rear tire comes very close to the seat tube when the suspension is goes to max. 30mm ?

It also shows this nicer color scheme (gold ?) pic 3 on the lefty page set, but it's not a lefty neither other variation ?

Attachments

• 471B45B3-518A-408A-9DDD-6C858B6ADCB4.png
    471B45B3-518A-408A-9DDD-6C858B6ADCB4.png
    857.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 3CEA6212-00E5-4CDF-9302-DF1AE9222E73.png
    3CEA6212-00E5-4CDF-9302-DF1AE9222E73.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
I checked it out , i like it, it must be a lot of fun and the kinpin suspension it's very unique for road biking. And saves about 2k vs Creo gravel version plus it's a lot more powerful . It would be good if they would also make a bottle battery.
Does the rear tire comes very close to the seat tube when the suspension is goes to max. 30mm ?

It also shows this nicer color scheme (gold ?) pic 3 on the lefty page set, but is not a lefty neither other variation ?
Pic three is a different bike. Neo three only come in silvr/black color combo.

The kingpin only comes into play for the larger hits, hence the kinekt body float carbon post on mine. I really can't see the rear end while riding. It is my understanding that the flat section of seat tube flxes forward at the joint along with the seat stay which flexes upward.

As to the 500 watt battery, it gets way more range than the 625 watt on my Trek Allant 9.9s...85-90 miles in Eco, 55 miles in Tour and 40+ miles in Sport. For grater range, I do have a spare 500 with matching cover Tha fits perfectly on a medium Revalate Tangle Frame bag.
20210327_122253.jpg

Last edited:
As to the 500 watt battery, it gets way more range than the 625 watt on my Trek Allant 9.9s...85-90 miles in Eco, 55 miles in Tour and 40 miles in Sport.

It's same motor, only due to the 15-20lb weight difference ? It looks a lot better in your picture then on their website 👌

It's same motor, only due to the 15-20lb weight difference ? It looks a lot better in your picture then on their website 👌
Nancy's Homage Rohloff HS with the gen 2 speed and a 500 power pack, weighs almost 80 pounds. My Allant 9.9s weighs 51 pounds with the gen 4 speed motor and a 625 battery. The Topstone Neo Carbon 3 weighs 39 pounds with a gen 4 speed motor, suspension and 500 watt battery.

Weight makes more of a difference in range than it does in speed. My observation is that the motor can compensate for weight by adding more torque and still maintain speed, but at the cost of reduced range. I am also sure that the modified aero ride position, lack of fenders and more svelte frame design contribute significantly into improved range as well.

I am also sure that the modified aero ride position, lack of fenders and more svelte frame design contribute significantly into improved range as well.

I guess it's also the tire resistance or maybe that's the most imp. factor as far as range ? Bet. a light gravel 42c tire and a heavier commuting 50c tire we have big range variations .

Another top gravel i discovered recently, it's from Canyon , the Grail: ON CF 8 E TAP @6799$ or the CF 8 @5799$ ; Interesting name ! Cayon it's a reputable german brand, makes for an almost 100% 🇩🇪 ebike.

This one and the Cannonade models we've spoken earlier are the top road ebikes for gravel riding. Same Bosch motor , same 500wh battery, but maybe dif. cells.
What is your opinion about it ?

Attachments

• BABFB165-ACAC-4357-BEA6-E14E4A736A0F.png
    BABFB165-ACAC-4357-BEA6-E14E4A736A0F.png
    279.1 KB · Views: 177
I guess it's also the tire resistance or maybe that's the most imp. factor as far as range ? Bet. a light gravel 42c tire and a heavier commuting 50c tire we have big range variations .

Another top gravel i discovered recently, it's from Canyon , the Grail: ON CF 8 E TAP @6799$ or the CF 8 @5799$ ; Interesting name ! Cayon it's a reputable german brand, makes for an almost 100% 🇩🇪 ebike.

This one and the Cannonade models we've spoken earlier are the top road ebikes for gravel riding. Same Bosch motor , same 500wh battery, but maybe dif. cells.
What is your opinion about it ?
I considered it seriously. Great looking bike with nice choice of components and innovative design elements but no class 3/28mph option is a deal killer for me.

The Topstone Neo 3 comes with 650b (27.5) rims which leave enough clearance for 47mm tires. It looks like I could probably put 2" tires on it but it would be close. I put the 650b x 47mm WTB Byway tires on it tubeless. they are a hybrid road/gravel tire with a smooth center, close gravel buttons off to each side and larger lugs on the shoulders for mud. I believe the biggest efficiency/range factor is ride position, then weight with tires coming in a close third...but that is just a guess on my part. I know that all three factors combine to provide some astonishing range results and amazingly zippy acceleration.
df5a7f20-d106-42fb-852c-106d5ef33a79.__CR0,0,1920,1188_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

Back