Another inferior Fazua motor clone...FSA HM 1.0

Ebiker01

Advice is to stop this chickening out and cheap builds that absolutely nobody wants.
The customers are mature now and know ebikes , thanks to people like me and many others here on ebr and elsewhere educating and pinpointing the mistakes or the "DO NOT BUY" items.

Look at what we want:
- min. 600wh battery
-min. 500watts motor
- max. 22kg or 45lb ebike

Even for a kid the specs are the same, or shall be increased for maximum fun. Otherwise we DO NOT BUY.

I think there is a place for lower power motors and smaller batteries on lighter weight ebikes. Note that smaller batteries and smaller motors kind of work for you because the bike is lighter and easier to pedal with minimum (or no) power.

Some people don't want mopeds. I love my Pinarello Dyodo and use the motor only about 30% of the time depending on the terrain. I just use it when my legs start to burn or my heartrate gets too high and I'm not at the top of the hill yet. That's who this system it for...not somebody who just wants to twist and go. That's why all the major road bike companies are using it. Bianchi, Pinarello, Wilier, Colnago, Cannondale, Orbea, Ribble, Look, and many others I'm sure. I'm think they know what they are doing.

Collage.png

Last edited:
yea right. People bought them and then they sold them at 60% off. You will do the same.

And , no , they DON't Know what they are doing . They are assuming that they know what we want , and they failed.

An ebike with 500watts motor and 600wh battery is not a moped. You are a totally clueless , brainwashed and new ti ebiking. Ride a proper road ebike , a Creo, a Domane , Giant , a YAMAHA CIVANTE and thEN you will agree.
But it is a learning experience, although it could be an expensive one or not if you like throwing $ away.

ex:

-A Civante is 3499$ , 500wh battery , 28mph top speed. That max speed is there if needed, it does NOT MEAN , that the buyers are speed maniacs.

- A Dyodo is 7or 8000$, 250wh battery, 18mph max assisted speed.

Not fooling anyone saying a Dyodo is better.

ust wants to twist and go.

There's no throttle on this better ebikes that i am talking about. Is just pure pedalling and a LOT more fun. Give it a try and you will agree.

You can't do a century on your Dyodo, the battery will run out even if you use it 30% of the time. But on a Creo or the others you could.

Why only have one flavor? I really liked my time with my Orbea with small motor and small battery. When I’m riding for leisure, I definitely do not use much assist and therefore don’t need much battery capacity. I think it’s strange to make a post about what the masses want and need when you’re only one person with only your experiences and your personal opinion. Other people’s preferences and needs are not mistakes and claiming that they are is quite arrogant.

I've ridden higher powered ebikes and they in no way fit what I'm looking for. I like the ebikemotion bikes because I can ride it with the motor turned off for a large percentage of my ride. I use the dyodo like a variable resistance trainer. I ride as hard as I like and when the burn in my legs get a little too hot or my heart rate a little too fast, I cool down with the help of my motor. I don't use my bike for commuting. I use it for fun, exercise, and adventure.

You sound like the kind of person that absolutely "needs" an ebike just to get from point A to point B. That's two entirely different markets. Not everyone wants a bike to carry them. I use my bike to control the intensity of my workout, and not let it be dictated by the terrain or the group I'm riding with. But I’m sure you know nothing about that. That basket on your bike is a dead giveaway.

An I'm absolutely sure I can do a century on the dyodo on a single charge. I've done plenty of centuries on regular road bikes. Why wouldn't I be able to do it on the dyodo? I don't need a 40lbs bike with a 500wh battery. On my 3rd ride on this bike I was already on pace to get over 100 miles out of a single charge. And I'm nowhere near the fitness level I'm capable of. You are looking at these bikes from your perspective. But your view and your lifestyle in no way represents the entire cycling population.

Looking at the bike you ride is a clue to the type of person you are. The bikes using the ebikemotion system are for people who are avid cyclist, not commuters. These people have done thousands of miles under their own power and don’t suddenly need a moped to get around on. These bikes are used to flatten the hills a little and provide a nice occasional tailwind. Not a grocery getter like yourself.

On my last ride I averaged 2.23 watt hours per mile for 36 miles at a 17.5mph average. That was only 33% of my battery. At that rate I had a total range of 107 miles on a single charge. And I’m not even in shape. That was just my third ride on the dyodo and probably my 6th ride of the year. When I can put in more miles and increase my fitness level, I’m absolutely positive I can finish a century with battery power to spare. But I’m not you and you are not me. You don’t have a clue of what I’m capable of. You are a real piece of work.

You really need to stick to judging commuter bikes as you clearly know nothing about the competitive cyclist. I tell you what. Let’s compare Strava results. Do you even know what Strava is? I bet you don’t even have a Strava account.

Last edited:
ooking at the bike you ride is a clue to the type of person you are
I have many bikes and 3 ebikes. So one individual who has many ebikes/analog bikes represents many different persons based on your FALSE assumption ??
Lmk how you find your way out of this one😉

I know you have no clue of Storck brand but just trying to educate you. A very agile 14lb analog bike. So, now i am different person !

Look, the point i am trying to point is this:

You could have chosen to ride a 15lb analog Pinarello for a 50mile ride or a 100mile ride.

Now you ride a 16lb+12lb (the motor/battery) , b/c you believe that you may feel tired close to the end of the ride, thus needing that assist. Also the qfactor is much wider leading to issues with the knees.

But what will make you mostly tired in the 1st place is pedaling NON assist that additional 12lb weight. You can't pedal it in PAS the while time b/c you will have limited range. Can't charge it fast either b/c is a small AH battery. Tough choice...but it was a smart dealer who did the sale and smart marketing behind the product.

Sure, it feels like pedalling a normal Pina , but sooner or later you legs will tell you is not that svelte 14lb Pina 😉.

Even if it's a fully flat ride, at that moment you may believe you are not tired , but the next day or the day after you will feel it. This knowledge is from someone who trained people in cycling , did 75k miles + road riding, 300+races. I still ride the Storck, and have on a list the BMC AMP 1 with the Step E8000, 500wh. B/c that is what a road ebike should be.

But , enjoy the experience, if that is what makes you get going, i just wanted to point those clear aspects. The market is not lying. There are 6,7 threads about the Creo and 800+messages. And sold out. Or the other brands , BMC AMP maybe even better , the DOMANE+HP.

14lb reg. bike / 28lb Fazua ebike / 35-38lb b 500watts road ebike ??

To me, the one in the middle , doesn't make sense as far as purchasing it . Either an ebike that has the power to climb that rare 16%hill and has the range if needed or a light 12-15lb analog road bike. BDEF394B-F07E-4178-89D5-F0BD141EE73B.jpegAABB36B3-A227-475B-896F-52B2AE1AAB36.jpeg

Attachments

• 75F7F01A-9317-4120-8784-C560C4D46403.jpeg
    75F7F01A-9317-4120-8784-C560C4D46403.jpeg
    723.6 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Advice is to stop this chickening out and cheap builds that absolutely nobody wants.
The customers are mature now and know ebikes , thanks to people like me and many others here on ebr and elsewhere educating and pinpointing the mistakes or the "DO NOT BUY" items.
Look at what we want:
- min. 600wh battery
-min. 500watts motor
- max. 22kg or 45lb ebike
Even for a kid the specs are the same, or shall be increased for maximum fun. Otherwise we DO NOT BUY.

Consider this... there is a growing market for light and fast Ebikes designed for athletic riders who prefer minimal assist on the flats.

I like a light and responsive road bike and also appreciate the torque and power on my EMTBs when off-road... different use cases.

It's not really a good idea to tell people what they like and what they should buy... keep an open mind to other perspectives. YMMV. ;)

for light and fast Ebikes designed for athletic riders who prefer minimal assist on the flats.

I know, but if they are too light, the range is small, and low power.

Ex with ev: Tesla is nr. 1 in China for many reasons. And they can choose Nio, Xpeng, Li, and tens of other ev cars. Many are folding actually.
All those customers in China are very smart, they could have chosen , lower price and lower range. They want the T. Same everywhere on the planet.

Is the same with this aspect. Creo took the lead for a reason, and the others are very close. With better batteries, we will have light powerfull ebikes. But not there yet.

Let’s compare Strava results. Do you even know what Strava is? I bet you don’t even have a Strava account.
Lol buddy, i have 300+races, ex. cat. 3 rider. Besides many swimming races. You'r really a clueless Fred. That Pina and all of the Pinas use really cheap carbon fiber , really is useless for me to debate and educate you. People like you were many of my clients, totally clueless, you could sell them anything to make them believe they can go 0.01%faster.
This knowledge i give is not cheap. I bet you even have an expensive powermeter allthough you can only put 230watts max. ?

You basically stumbled upon ebikes, the sales guy smartly sold you this 8k lead weight , you make account here on ebr and try to insult a veteran b/c you feel some entitlment. I would delete the account if i were you, or at least apologize.

Like i said, enjoy the experience, i'm happy if you are happy. But when you will sell it, it will be under 1.5k market price.

Last edited:
That basket on your bike is a dead giveaway.

I agree, it was there for a few days then i ripped it off. Plastic junk !

lmk how you like this newer basket.

I actually have a thread here: "Do not buy Racktime baskets " 😉.

This one easily transports 100+lbs. I could carry you and your Pina in the Ortlieb panniers when you'r out of a charge...

Attachments

• 72114136-6936-4F51-8CB1-3E5FEC228AA0.jpeg
    72114136-6936-4F51-8CB1-3E5FEC228AA0.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Why only have one flavor? I really liked my time with my Orbea with small motor and small battery. When I’m riding for leisure, I definitely do not use much assist and therefore don’t need much battery capacity. I think it’s strange to make a post about what the masses want and need when you’re only one person with only your experiences and your personal opinion. Other people’s preferences and needs are not mistakes and claiming that they are is quite arrogant.

I agree, but i don't think is arrogant.

Just wanted to make some pointers why it is an unnecessary product imo. With time , this items (low powered chinese crap ) will be obsolete.

Why ?? More efficient batteries, smaller motors.
And that time is 6months, 1year and a half away.

Will you buy a 25lb 250wh ebike or a 25lb 500wh one ?

Lol buddy, i have 300+races, ex. cat. 3 rider.
I'll believe it when I see it. Post your Strava link.

So much of what you post is either inaccurate or incoherent. Its makes you sound stupid. I feel dumber having read it. I want bother to read any more.

But I would like to see where you fall compared to other riders on Strava. I can’t see a former Cat 3 racer riding a bike with a basket. Sounds like you are living in a fantasy world.

Prove me wrong. Post your Strava link.

I'll believe it when I see it. Post your Strava link.

So much of what you post is either inaccurate or incoherent. Its makes you sound stupid. I feel dumber having read it. I want bother to read any more.

But I would like to see where you fall compared to other riders on Strava. I can’t see a former Cat 3 racer riding a bike with a basket. Sounds like you are living in a fantasy world.

Prove me wrong. Post your Strava link.

Zwift - put whatever weight, ahead of the pack. I'm sure someone arrogant like you has some cheats there.

Strava- plenty of cheats .

Try to do a Grand fondo in your age group if you want to measure your fitness with others. But due to the virus i don't think that there are any currently scheduled. Or a real race , but don't go there excited like here on ebr or you may get a heart attack.

As an ex. Us cycling coach Cat. 2/3 racer i had never recommended Strava, i don't use it myself and never did.
Yes buddy, there are real racers out there whom also ride @ 9-10mph on an Easy chill ride with a kid in the rear , or on a commuter ebike . That is a massive failure on your end to assume so many wrongs. NO WONDER YOU FELL for that deal and bought the Pina Ebike with cheap paint.

And you know there are so many cheaters out there in the amateur road biking scene , esp, in your age group 45+ or 50+ , you guys should just race on ebikes imo. You guys are buying 3k Zipp wheelsets but can barely put 300watts for longer then 45seconds on the flats.

You know with a car i go to Whole foods in 20min. With my speed pedelec ebike in 6min., and i can charge it right outside in the EV section next to a Tesla, using a J 1772 plug. If you do that with your Pina you will fry the battery.

Big Electric Fred, please go away , enjoy that limping Fazua motor while you still can and don't waste my time any longer.

Bye.

Last edited:
Just as I figured. This guy is a phony. A keyboard cowboy. A catfish. A person who's sole purpose is to engage in a fantasy. He's probably a janitor that rides an ebike because he can't afford a car and tries to make his life seem exciting by pretending he's somebody he's not on the internet. Cycling coach. What a joke.

Cannondale has gone down the crapper. In June my wife who rides 100-150 miles a week (road) bought a new Cannondale, I forget which model but it was a little under $3000 on sale. Two rides and less than 50 miles later the bike has a TWO bad cracks in the frame. Dumb ass at the bike store tells her she must have hit a hell of a pot hole. She is 110lbs and she never hit anything, front and and rear rims and tires are fine. After a week of arguing bike store finally gave her a refund. This is the 2nd Cannondale she has had frame issues with

he can't afford a car

Oh Old fart... a cage was never ever expensive here in the US for me. I've had many of them. Amg E Class, Reanult, Alfa's, M5's ...really i have no need for a BOX.

And Wait , i'm riding a fully custom high end 8000$ ebike, one of them.. and A high end car lease is a little over 400$ but i can't afford the latter... oh boy.

So , in your childish mind everyone who has bikes or ebikes are just struggling financially and decided to spend 5grand or 10grand , b:c the last meteor shower also rained with $ everywhere ? Or not, only ebiker01 😀 ?

Continue on your threadshold training, break your Strava segment with that 2watts/kg and please surprise me with newer childish replies.

I know you are salivating intensely that i had replied to you, but some of you newbies here on ebr are super amusing.

Time to head out for my tennis match. Bye.

Back