Another Hello from Washington State

rayray

Region
USA
Hello from Pierce County, Washington!

68 year old male here. I’ve had road bikes for years, though I’ve been very much a casual rider, and hadn’t done much riding at all in the past 20 years. I bought my first e-bike (Trek Allant+ 9.9S) about two years ago, and stepped up from casual to fitness riding. After some time with the 9.9S, I’ve been thinking I need a road-style e-bike, but also wanted something that was lighter in weight, and could handle gravel and rough roads better (not complaining about the Trek, but it is what it is, and the lack of front suspension turned out to be an issue for me).

After much reading, and much subsequent searching, I finally found a 2021 Specialized S-Works Turbo Creo in California (at a 25% sale discount…woohoo!), and had it shipped to my favorite LBS for assembly and accessorizing; Wahoo Roam computer, Varia radar and Speedrocker removable fenders. It’s equipped from the factory with Road Remote buttons, SRAM Red drivetrain, and has a 46t chainring with a 10-50t cassette, which is perfect for me on the many big hills around here.

I’ve found this forum to be extremely helpful in learning about the many options and making my choices. I don’t expect to be a prolific poster, but I’ll hope to contribute something in return over time.

Riding for health and fun,
rayray

Similar story on the other end of the country. Just bought my 2021 Creo aluminum frame a week ago, replacing a Yamaha Civante but sharing the garage with my ToughRoad e+ gravel bike.

I’ve only gotten out on it four times - we’ve had 25 and 30 mph winds around here for over a week now, and yesterday they tried to blow me right off the shoulder at one point - but talk about Quality! The feel of the thing is different from any of the many others I’ve owned or tried. My first Specialized after a lot of years and bikes, and by far the best bike I’ve ever bought.

Your setup sounds superb, especially with that super wide range cassette. Didn’t know you could get a 10/50 prior to the 2022s coming out.

An aware e-cyclist! Welcome to the Forums!
I’m not sure what I’m aware of, unless it’s my need for knowledge. My family considers me to be “obsessive”. :) Thanks for the Welcome!

Welcome Rayray. Congrats on your new ebike adventures.
It’s like being a little kid again.
Looking forward to seeing your adventures.
Yep, I DO feel like a little kid again…..every darn time I ride or even fiddle with a bike!

Similar story on the other end of the country. Just bought my 2021 Creo aluminum frame a week ago, replacing a Yamaha Civante but sharing the garage with my ToughRoad e+ gravel bike.

I’ve only gotten out on it four times - we’ve had 25 and 30 mph winds around here for over a week now, and yesterday they tried to blow me right off the shoulder at one point - but talk about Quality! The feel of the thing is different from any of the many others I’ve owned or tried. My first Specialized after a lot of years and bikes, and by far the best bike I’ve ever bought.

Your setup sounds superb, especially with that super wide range cassette. Didn’t know you could get a 10/50 prior to the 2022s coming out.
Congratulations on your own choice. I agree regarding the feel of the Creo. I tried one out at a local store (not the version I wanted though), and it felt like I belonged on it. Of course, it was a short ride, so after purchasing one and going on a couple of slightly longer rides, I already know I need to work on making it a better fit. Today I’ll start with adjusting seat positioning, but I may end up seeing a professional fitter, sooner than later, to avoid any problems. I’ve got enough aches and pains already!

As to the 10-50 cassette, I was surprised to see it too. The shop where I found it had two of the S-Works, different colors with the same specs, both in my size. Too bad I could buy only one! :)

@rayray: How did you mount your Wahoo on the Creo? Just curious.
First photo on here, so I hope this works. Please excuse the dirty bike. I got caught in a rainstorm without my fenders yesterday, and haven’t cleaned it off yet.
FF8528F6-94F6-4C97-BA0C-030875C57173.jpeg

Thank you! It is the standard Wahoo mount, like in my big Vado. I understand your Creo is equipped with the Future Shock suspension stem?

I’m not sure what I’m aware of, unless it’s my need for knowledge. My family considers me to be “obsessive”. :) Thanks for the Welcome!

Yep, I DO feel like a little kid again…..every darn time I ride or even fiddle with a bike!

Congratulations on your own choice. I agree regarding the feel of the Creo. I tried one out at a local store (not the version I wanted though), and it felt like I belonged on it. Of course, it was a short ride, so after purchasing one and going on a couple of slightly longer rides, I already know I need to work on making it a better fit. Today I’ll start with adjusting seat positioning, but I may end up seeing a professional fitter, sooner than later, to avoid any problems. I’ve got enough aches and pains already!

As to the 10-50 cassette, I was surprised to see it too. The shop where I found it had two of the S-Works, different colors with the same specs, both in my size. Too bad I could buy only one! :)
image.jpg

Hey Ray Ray, I love my Creo. She rides like a dream. I hope to put thousands of miles on her. I too am going to have to fiddle with the fit. I want to put aero bars on (I have arthritis in both wrists that severely limits the length of time I can spend in the upright position.). I’m going to take it to a professional fitter soon because I also feel like it may need a longer handle bar stem. I had the best aero bars on my Felt but gave them away to a friend when I gave her the bike. So while o can’t find those particular ones, I’ll search for another.

Does anyone know of a good bike fitter on the east coast of Florida, I’m south of Orland on the coast.

Ride on………

Hey Ray Ray, I love my Creo. She rides like a dream. I hope to put thousands of miles on her. I too am going to have to fiddle with the fit. I want to put aero bars on (I have arthritis in both wrists that severely limits the length of time I can spend in the upright position.). I’m going to take it to a professional fitter soon because I also feel like it may need a longer handle bar stem. I had the best aero bars on my Felt but gave them away to a friend when I gave her the bike. So while o can’t find those particular ones, I’ll search for another.

Does anyone know of a good bike fitter on the east coast of Florida, I’m south of Orland on the coast.

Ride on………
I hope you are able to find a good fitter. I went to one last year, and it helped but not perfectly. If I find the time, I’m going to give it another shot sometime. The problem is I can’t find one less than an hour-plus away by car. In the meantime, it’s not horrible, so it won’t stop me from riding.

I wanted to express my enthusiasm for my beloved Creo. It's truly a joy to ride and feels like a dream. My plan is to embark on countless miles with her. However, I do find the need to make a few adjustments to enhance my comfort. Due to arthritis in both of my wrists, my upright riding position becomes uncomfortable over extended periods. Therefore, I am considering installing aero bars to alleviate this issue.

Back