Annoying Rear Squeak Fix

Cory151

After putting considerable mileage on my Bomber over the last few weeks I noticed a squeak developed and got worse as I road. The noise happened only during compression of the rear spring. The noise wasn't crazy loud but the fact that the bike is so silent makes any little noise noticeable.

What I did was:
1) Remove the upper and lower rear shock bolts while placing a hammer handle between the rear tire and the bottom of the seat to support the rear shock removal and support the suspension once the shock is out.

2) Once the shock is removed I took a small flat head screwdriver and gently pried the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions until the copper bushing (both top and bottom of the shock) popped out with a black o ring attached.

3) I then lubed the bone dry orings with waterproof grease and reinstalled the orings, bushings shock and then bolts.

No More Squeaks!!:D:D

Oh And I also adjusted my sag height by compressing the spring a few turns. Hopes this helps somebody as it took me forever to locate the actual offending noisemaker.

thx cory.... I had the same thing on my old SB178....... 2012 model...... I was so surprised that little o-ring could made such a LOUD noise!
I lubed up the o-rings, and all is silent and "stealthy" again.

thx cory.... I had the same thing on my old SB178....... 2012 model...... I was so surprised that little o-ring could made such a LOUD noise!
I lubed up the o-rings, and all is silent and "stealthy" again.

Yeah they make a ruckus for sure. Did your bomber come with regen?
Was wondering if anybody had a timeline for the changes and years that correlate to differences in bikes. Mine is in the 260-270 range which I assume is a 2013-2014 mode?

Good question someone should put that major upgrade timeline together: Yeah i have regen

Unfortunately it would likely take a sit down interview with "John" at Stealth to get it right.

After I get to around the 500 mile mark I plan on doing a riders review highlighting some of the nuisances of the bike contrasted against other ebikes I own.

I have a small stealth problem::::: i picked up a stealth fighter frame swing arm kit... They call it a flux. Ill post up when the build begins.

Back