Ancheer 20' folding e-bike 36v 8AH or the Oyama CX E8D e-bike Which one should I get?

excellence111

I am wanting to purchase a e-Bike and can't decided which one to get. Help me decide!

Ancheer 20 folding e-bike 36v 8AH or the Oyama CX e8D e-bike - Which is a better bike?

I am wanting to purchase a e-Bike and can't decided which one to get. Help me decide!

Ancheer 20 folding e-bike 36v 8AH or the Oyama CX e8D e-bike - Which is a better bike?
It's always helpful to post the specifications rather than expect readers to find the links, and do the comparisons. Take just an extra few minutes to add information, and you'll get far more responses. Welcome to the world of eBiking!

Thanks, Here's both specifications below.

7NYVmNQuSSqi._UX800_TTW__.jpg

ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike / Road Bike / Cyclocross Bike with Lithium-Ion Battery

Ancheer Folding Electric Bike with 250W high speed brushless gear motor easily assist you to travel at the 15mph road speed limit. The removable 36V, 8AH lithium ion battery, equipped with smart lithium battery charger can make you ride up to 25-50 km. The e-bike adopts 100 percent light weight aluminum alloy frame and weighs 19KG/41lbs, making it a breeze to carry. You can also leave it anywhere of your office. Convenient and saves space and you time. Strong brakes and 7-speed Shimano professional transmission system offer all the qualities of a premium bike with the added feature of three pedal assist modes. You can have it as a mountain bike or road bike, use it go for an outing on the weekends with your friends and family or as a vehicle for work. You deserve it.

Specification:

Full Length: 58.1 inch
Wheel Diameter: 20 inch
Seat Height: 27.3-44.1 inch
Handlebars length: 22.2 inch
Package Size: 126*32*70cm
Vehicle weight: About 19kg
Battery weight: About 2.2kg
Load capacity: 150kg
Maximum speed: 25km/h 15mph
Mileage: 25-50km/15mile-30mile (under nomal terrin and medium weight)
Type: Mountain and Road Bicycle

Additional Details:

Front Fork: High-strength carbon steel comfort shock absorption
Tire: High quality tire
Handlebars: Aluminum Alloy
Lithium battery: 36V 8A
Charger: Smart Lithium battery charger
Motor: 250W high speed brushless gear motors
Saddle tube: Aluminum Alloy seat tube
Meter: 3-speed smart meter button
Pedal: Aluminum Alloy Pedal
Headlight: Bright LED headlamp and horn
Front and rear wheels: Double layer Aluminum Alloy wheel
Charging time: 4-6 hours
Features: 1: 1 booster riding, Pure electric riding, Pure human riding

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Oyama’s intelligent folding design makes it easy to store and transport. A high-quality 36V, 10 Ah lithium-ion battery is concealed inside the frame tube and is accessible only when the bike is folded.
The CX E8D features a compact Aikema 250W geared brushless hub motor that is designed for low-current and high-efficiency. Energy-saving and nearly silent, Aikema motors are fine-tuned for seamless acceleration and built for a lifespan of many thousands of miles.
OYAMA.jpg

Frame
Aluminum 6061
Forks
Chromoly, rigid
Battery
36 Volt – 10 Ah
Motor
Aikema AKM-13, 250W geared brushless rear hub
Range
Up to 30 miles
Motor Control
Crank Pedal Assist
Wheel size
20 inch
Brakes
Tektro Disc Brake Front+ Rear
Shifter
Shimano
Gears
7 speed, 14-28 tooth
Weight
37 lbs including bike, motor and battery
Dimensions
Folded size: 33.5″ x 14.5″ x 27.5″
Manufacturer
Oyama
Warranty
Five Years (Bike parts), Two years (Battery)
E-Bike Class
Class 1 – 20 mph no throttle
Color
Silver

What's the cost? The Ancheer is $650 on amazon, and if you were happy with rim brakes, around $530 on ebay or $600 from walmart. With a cruise speed of 16 mph, the rim brakes would suffice for most folks. I believe the Oyama is 2X more?

Oyamas seem to me to be higher quality bikes, as their higher end pedal bikes without motors are in the $700-900 range. The quality of the hinges, and tightness of construction is indeed quite important on a folder. No one wants to ride something that wiggles and wobbles, much less have it collapse on you.

However, the Oyama is pretty sparse on electrical features. No throttle. No LCD display. The Ancheer does have a throttle, and this is useful for pulling away from a stop. No LCD display either. You'll need a $10 bike computer for speed/distance on both bikes. The Ancheer also has a front suspension. Folders do benefit from suspension, but I don't know how good this one is.

Court has reviewed the Oyama on EBR. A number of owners have put up their own reviews on the Ancheer on youtube. Watch them all.

You probably won't be unhappy with the Oyama. Some people might be happier owning two Ancheers. But if I were spending $1300, I would find something better.

What's the cost? The Ancheer is $650 on amazon, and if you were happy with rim brakes, around $530 on ebay or $600 from walmart. With a cruise speed of 16 mph, the rim brakes would suffice for most folks. I believe the Oyama is 2X more?

Oyamas seem to me to be higher quality bikes, as their higher end pedal bikes without motors are in the $700-900 range. The quality of the hinges, and tightness of construction is indeed quite important on a folder. No one wants to ride something that wiggles and wobbles, much less have it collapse on you.

However, the Oyama is pretty sparse on electrical features. No throttle. No LCD display. The Ancheer does have a throttle, and this is useful for pulling away from a stop. No LCD display either. You'll need a $10 bike computer for speed/distance on both bikes. The Ancheer also has a front suspension. Folders do benefit from suspension, but I don't know how good this one is.

Court has reviewed the Oyama on EBR. A number of owners have put up their own reviews on the Ancheer on youtube. Watch them all.

You probably won't be unhappy with the Oyama. Some people might be happier owning two Ancheers. But if I were spending $1300, I would find something better.

Thanks so much for your post. I greatly appreciate it.

I will check out YouTube again. One bike that I have decide to purchase is the Dahon Mariner D8. However making a decision on which ebike is giving me a headache :)

Good advice from Harry. I’d ditch both and keep on looking and asking regular riders for input. Good job making the comparison easy!

Don't buy anything until you actually ride it.. I'm guessing you're not going to like either one due to the design.. skinny tires, tiny frame, low power, cheap hardware.

Don't buy anything until you actually ride it.. I'm guessing you're not going to like either one due to the design.. skinny tires, tiny frame, low power, cheap hardware.

Thanks JoePah! There's not many bike shops here that have/sale the compact ebike.

Thanks JoePah! There's not many bike shops here that have/sale the compact ebike.

YW.. Don't be lured by the internet when it comes to ebikes...saving a couple hundred is not worth it. It takes a personal fit and a nice test ride for you to decide.

So I decided to go with the Magnum Classic ebike however I can't seem to find anywhere and the ebike is out of stock on the Magnum site. Gee Wiz. So my second option may be the Oyama CX E8D unless anyone has other options for me. I looking for around the same price range and same style type

Back