Amish Country Ebiking

Those are amazing upgrades and the pictures are so clear and descriptive. Thanks for posting.

Where did you learn your 3D print skills?
Honestly? It's just easy for me. I had a mechanical drawing (pencil and paper) in college. I just applied what I learned from that to 3D design.

I do have some more ideas, that part could be come a universal mounting point for other things you might want to carry. I think my first one will be something to easily carry my 40oz Coleman tumbler that I travel with. I'd be open to other designs that could take advantage of that mounting point.

Found this on Thingiverse lastnight and printed it. Thought it might improve the feng shui of my bike if I made it a "hood ornament".

sLSEza.jpg

The sides on my trailer broke a few weeks ago and I didn't have much of a chance to work on them. I figured the 3D printed brackets I made weren't going to hold up in the long run and decided to change course. Yesterday I picked up some expanded steel from a local metal shop. Today I cut and welded it to the frame of the trailer. I'm not a welder, actually today was the first time I actually got two pieces of metal to stick together. It ain't pretty, but it's functional, has less wind resistance and its quieter because I touched some other spots on the base that had cracked their welds. It is a little heavier, but my typical grocery store run is 4 miles out, 2 miles back so that isn't a big deal.

8GCiMi.jpg

Cracks in the new trailer? I suppose this means the trailer is everything it's cracked up to be. ;)

Cracks in the new trailer? I suppose this means the trailer is everything it's cracked up to be. ;)
Yeah, they just spot welded it, and didn't do a very good job of it. But then, neither did I, but hey, at least I got to spend the day welding.

I took the new configuration out today for it's initial run. I can feel a difference in it because of the lower wind resistance. I took it up to my insurance agent to deal with my destroyed Suburban and at the same time got an insurance policy for my bike.

Then went to the grocery store, 3 gallons of milk, a gallon of orange juice a few steaks and misc other things. I think I need to design something to keep the milk over the axle and not in the back. It being in the back causes it to bounce a bit. Over the axle it shouldn't.

Back