Amego Infinite - your opinion

Cassidy

In my search for an Ebike I thought the Juiced CCX would be great (by the way they got back to me and were very nice and professional), in fact I may have bought it today if it were in stock. They could not give a date but within 8 weeks I think maybe sooner. Then another member here (Timpo -thanks), suggested the Amego Infinite . I looked at the specs compared to the CCX and they are close.

So first if you have experience with this bike, what are your thoughts?

The main difference is the CCX has a torque sensor the Infinite has a cadence sensor (although in the video review it says you can get an upgrade that can make it feel like a torque sensor). here are the specs https://electricbikereview.com/amego/infinite/

It seems like a great bike. One other question with respect to color. I see Black is popular and looks great but do any of you experienced riders take into consideration the color for safety (meaning lighter colors stand out)?

Thanks

In my search for an Ebike I thought the Juiced CCX would be great (by the way they got back to me and were very nice and professional), in fact I may have bought it today if it were in stock. They could not give a date but within 8 weeks I think maybe sooner. Then another member here (Timpo -thanks), suggested the Amego Infinite . I looked at the specs compared to the CCX and they are close.

So first if you have experience with this bike, what are your thoughts?

The main difference is the CCX has a torque sensor the Infinite has a cadence sensor (although in the video review it says you can get an upgrade that can make it feel like a torque sensor). here are the specs https://electricbikereview.com/amego/infinite/

It seems like a great bike. One other question with respect to color. I see Black is popular and looks great but do any of you experienced riders take into consideration the color for safety (meaning lighter colors stand out)?

Thanks

The company that makes these bikes supplies to wide number of customers. In the US, this bike is available via many dealers under the name Magnum.
here is the bike: https://www.magnumbikes.com/product/magnum-metro-plus/

except the tire size, everything is the same.

At $2K, you should look at bikes with a torque sensor and they make the ride lot more enjoyable.

Amego Infinite is $1,748.

Amego infiinite is $1999, not $1750 and they are taking pre-orders now for future delivery and that is why the discount.
basically, using customers money to fund their shipment.

Magnum has bikes in stock and available via many local dealers. See the screenshot below.

1562050489458.png

I believe @Bobsiii bought a Magnum Metro? Maybe he can give you some feedback?
Amego and Magnum are sister bikes, they're basically the same thing.

I did buy the Magnum after also looking at the Amego. Based the decision on convenience of having a Magnum dealer a mile away, after dickering with dealer I got it for just under $2k. I'm not mechanically inclined but if you are, a different factor (price?) may matter most to. you. I'm nearing 800 miles, the bike is going in the shop for adjustment/tightening etc. on Fri, first time it's been in. I've done some adjusting with the saddle/handlebars and controls, all pretty simple to do, happy with the fit now.

Biggest problem was getting used to the "kick" from the PAS when starting off. Now I use an either/or combo of throttle to get going or gear down depending on the situation, seems to make it easier to handle.

Feels really stable riding, my max speed so far is 32mph (downhill). I use it for groceries, liquor store runs, other errands, rec rides, makes a great excuse to get off my ass and get out and about. Put on Wald baskets, a Foldylock, and Hexlocks on saddle/seatpost/front wheel. Oh, and a Mirrycycle.

I'd buy it again. Very satisfied customer here, I think either one would be good for you.

Thanks everyone but there is one difference not mentioned. The Amego is class 2 and the Magnum is class 3 ---I need a class 2 or I would not be able to use bike paths. They also said they are coming out with an upgrade controller that will allow you to choose a torque sensor. But do you think I should keep looking to find a bike with a torque sensor like the CCX?

Last edited:
The new CrossCurrent S2, priced at just $1,799, is now available in Medium, Large, and Extra Large sizes exclusively at JuicedBikes.com. As a special introductory promotion, the company is also offering a free rear rack and fenders kit ($169 value), available only while supplies last.

The company that makes these bikes supplies to wide number of customers. In the US, this bike is available via many dealers under the name Magnum.
here is the bike: https://www.magnumbikes.com/product/magnum-metro-plus/

except the tire size, everything is the same.

At $2K, you should look at bikes with a torque sensor and they make the ride lot more enjoyable.
Do you have any suggestions as to which torque sensor bike ? thanks

The new CrossCurrent S2, priced at just $1,799, is now available in Medium, Large, and Extra Large sizes exclusively at JuicedBikes.com. As a special introductory promotion, the company is also offering a free rear rack and fenders kit ($169 value), available only while supplies last.
Thats a great deal I wonder what the difference is between that and the x and if the ccs is a class 2 (labeled) like the x --- I contacted the company waiting for a response thanks again.

Amego is not class 2 since it is capable of going 28mph (or they advertise more realistic 25mph)

But they probably ship it class 2 as default (I don't know for the fact), but you can easily change the top speed by going to the settings. (If that's what makes them Class 2?)

As far as I know, neither Amego or Magnum put any sticker though.
Oh really I thought it was a law they have to label it. This class thing is really getting confusing. In calif if you have a class 3 bike (labeled ) you cant go on bike paths and we have great ones here. Yet the juiced bikes and now the Amego bikes are being shipped as class 2 BUT they are offering the ability to change classes. The CCX for example comes with a class 2 sticker over a class 3 sticker. But in the end it would be a great feature to allow the different classes based on the laws and terrain:) Now Im interested in the new CCS just waiting for a response from the company but it seems like a great value https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1009/9108/files/Juiced_Bikes_2019_-_CCS2_KK_Edits.pdf?26603

I just wonder what the difference is between the x and s (besides the tires)... The two bikes seem so close, Im not sure why they would make an x and an s and it also seems a little strange that their responses to my inquiries did not include this new S coming out. One would think they might mention it (when discussing the x being out of stock and discussing the time frame), especially when I mentioned the s was out of production on their site.

It's obviously a budget friendly version of CCX.

The 19.2Ah battery has been replaced with the 13Ah battery, where the majority of cost cutting comes from.
No fenders or rear rack, different seat, different tires, and there might be more difference.

My CrossCurrent Air was a budget friendly version of CrossCurrent.
They eliminated hydraulic brakes, torque sensor, fenders, rear rack, etc.

I didn't care about torque sensor because I prefer cadence sensor, but I was so bothered not having hydraulic disk brakes so I changed them later.
Oh so even tho they upgraded to a 52 they have a 13 a battery ---- what does that mean in terms of power lost? Also the deal they are offering includes a rack and fenders free...

When I got my Juiced CrossCurrent Air (budget bike of CrossCurrent), it came with the same Kenda tires on CCS2.

Believe or not, I much prefer those Kenda tires.

Schwalbe Marathon Plus are super popular among ebikes for some reason.. Maybe because of their 5mm puncture protection shield and they do last quite a long time.
But two things I really didn't like about Schwalbe compare to Kenda? The weight and grip.

The Schwalbe tires do not grip well especially in the rain. It was a bit scary for me because I can actually tell the difference when I brake.
Also, yes, I know Schwalbe is heavy duty and last long, but yeah, they were HEAVY. I could actually feel the difference in my acceleration.
But it was bullet proof for sure, very heavy and also because of that it was hard to mount on the rim too.

Now I just get the Continental tires (various models depending on the price, but I found all Continental tires feel similar enough), they're light, fast and very good grip... and still has some layer of puncture protection.
I tend to get 700C x 37 to save the weight, I can actually feel the bike going a lot more smoothly and faster.
Thats good to know, I wanted some protection from flats but the New CCS seemed like to good of a deal to pass up :) Im not sure how long the tires last but Ill look into those continentals when they need to be replaced thanks :)

I do want to mention one other thing....Juiced has these bikes set up as class 2 BUT you can change to class 3 and then they even have a racetrack mode that goes to 32 mph ---- not that I want to go that fast. :)

Back