Amazing deals at Yamaha currently

WattsUpDude

Region
USA
City
San Francisco, Bay Area
And they include a second battery!!!

I’m so tempted to pick up another bike but I have to stay strong. 😆

See discount from listed price in shopping cart.

Customer Cash offer good on the following models purchased between August 23, 2024 and November 4, 2024.

$1,800 customer cash on CrossCore RC
$2,040 customer cash on Civante
$2,520 customer cash on Wabash RT
$2,880 customer cash on YDX-MORO
$3,300 customer cash on YDX-MORO Pro
$3,480 customer cash on YDX-MORO 05
$3,840 customer cash on YDX-MORO 07
$3,900 customer cash on YDX-MORO 07 Special Edition

IMG_2276.jpeg

Yeah, I've been eyeing the Wabash RT all weekend. It's not the bike of my dreams and is a little heavy, but I can deal with an extra 10 pounds if my wallet is $4000 heavier.

Dealer pickup in my area is a marine shop :) but delivery from Velo still gets the discounted price.

They say the second battery which you get with these rebated is worth 1400 dollars. Also 5 year warranty. Looked at the EU site the 2025 models that they are clearing out the shelves for have a different motor, all else looks the same. And they have only two drab colors. Don’t know if the colors will be different in the states but I picked up the painted desert and my daughter the green and they are beautiful.

The YDX Moro has been calling me since introduced but felt it was a bit over priced and a bit more then my tired old ass would ever use to potential.
Though I picked up a more appropriate and similarly pre-sale priced SUV eBike last summer... This makes things interesting.
Well played Yamaha.

When I put the same in my cart it comes to $2600?

View attachment 182137

$2,845.99 with tax.
It must be your local dealer markup added to it.

Try another zip code

YDX-MORO 07 SPECIAL EDITION​

Fans Promotion - YDX-MORO 07 Special Edition
$1,699.00$6,499.00
SKU #:
YMORO7LSIL
Color:
Factory Silver
Size:
Large

Pickup at WATER WORLD BOAT & POWERSPORT
+$15 Dealer Fees
Edit

Try another zip code

$1,699.00$6,499.00
SKU #:
YMORO7LSIL
Color:
Factory Silver
Size:
Large

+$15 Dealer Fees
Edit
We also have no sales taxes in Oregon.

Try another zip code

$1,699.00$6,499.00
SKU #:
YMORO7LSIL
Color:
Factory Silver
Size:
Large

+$15 Dealer Fees
Edit
Tried CT... Same as NY
I wonder if it has to do with local stock / shipping / and what a dealer may have on the floor already.

Last edited:

Try another zip code
Your dealer has the price set at $900 below MSRP and then you get the promo cash. Everyone else is getting MSRP - promo. Take it and hope they don't cancel!

Medford is just a little too far for me to want to haul a bike back from, but close enough to be tempting.

Your dealer has the price set at $900 below MSRP and then you get the promo cash. Everyone else is getting MSRP - promo. Take it and hope they don't cancel!

Medford is just a little too far for me to want to haul a bike back from, but close enough to be tempting.
My son ordered 2 more and didn't wait to see mine. Just in case they close the deal off at Water World Yamaha. 😆

Hopefully it does not apply to only inventory on hand at the local dealer, as a whole group of local dirt bike riders that I know are buying them!

Yeah, I've been eyeing the Wabash RT all weekend. It's not the bike of my dreams and is a little heavy, but I can deal with an extra 10 pounds if my wallet is $4000 heavier.

Dealer pickup in my area is a marine shop :) but delivery from Velo still gets the discounted price.
Nick Sanders Yamaha sponsored trip / European ride on a Wabash, that I viewed a while back,

This video makes the bike look like its a pretty good touring choice.

He carried one additional battery.

1)
2)
3) (bit of redundancy) in this clip:

Nick Sanders Yamaha sponsored trip / European ride on a Wabash, that I viewed a while back,

This video makes the bike look like its a pretty good touring choice.

He carried one additional battery.

1)
2)
3) (bit of redundancy) in this clip:
Yeah I did a whole thread on Nick's round the world trip previously. When he reached Saudi & The Empty Quarter he had an extra battery sent out as he was going to be going through such remote lands:

So my son called Water World this morning and talked to the manager on the orders, He said that they could not believe the price either and thought that someone hacked Yamaha's website, until they called to confirmed it. He also said that Yamaha gave them no warning about the promotion. The manager said that other than our groups orders that another local guy has ordered 14 of them! Water World is also ordering in a bunch of them for their own inventory as well. We can expect delivery pickup notices in 1-2 weeks.

Yeah I did a whole thread on Nick's round the world trip previously. When he reached Saudi & The Empty Quarter he had an extra battery sent out as he was going to be going through such remote lands:

Maybe I will get the opportunity and enough left in my old body to do one of these trips!

Curiously low prices. I don't see how they're making any money on these - especially considering the extra battery. These have nice parts on them too. I'm super temped to order one, but I have this sinking feeling there's a reason for the fire sale. Are the batteries suspect? I noticed you can't send these to NY.

Curiously low prices. I don't see how they're making any money on these - especially considering the extra battery. These have nice parts on them too. I'm super temped to order one, but I have this sinking feeling there's a reason for the fire sale. Are the batteries suspect? I noticed you can't send these to NY.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The bikes are well speced and backed by Yamaha Motor Company, not just with a licensing agreement like some other brands do. I think that due to the fact that although they are more than sufficient for 90% or more of the riding public they were a bit behind in regards to the features that other popular companies that were promoting larger wh batteries, mixed wheel sizes and more progressive geometry. 66degree ht angles and longish chainstays, 500wh batteries and plus size wheels went out of fashion a few years ago, although they are perfectly suitable as I said for 90% of us. Also most had a better independent dealer network in place and in general the bicycle market has gone really soft since Covid.

I'm sure the batteries are fine as they are fresh and the only thing you would have to do is keep them in rotation so that you don't allow one to sit for too long where it might trigger the low voltage cutoff? The motors are the latest from Yamaha that has over 30yrs of experience making ebikes, although primarily Mamachiri type ones for their home market. All the online tests I have seen have had little bad to say about the bikes and frankly I am tempted to pick one up for myself as I am a sucker for a good bargain.

So rather then carrying them forward into 2025 they are clearing them out at their cost now until 11/4. From there it remains unclear if they will jack up the prices or go with even deeper discounts in the spring? I have not seen any advance press of new models for 2025 from any of the pre-season shows so not sure what their plans are going forward or if they will even make eBikes any more? However I did see somewhere that they have SKU's for all the parts necessary so at least for the foreseeable future they should be serviceable.

Then there is also this to consider from another well known Moto brand?

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 3.39.54 PM-1.JPEG

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 3.37.34 PM-1.JPEG

How those two bikes could cost the same considering the engineering involved or regulatory standards that have to be met is beyond my comprehension

Back