AM100 eBike upgrade

Savant

Region
USA
Hey, I've had the am100 for awhile and have to say that I love it. I have very little problems with it except for the fact that my sister bought the X7 and refuses to let me live down the fact that she's faster than me on both hills and straight ways :rolleyes:. So as the title states, i'm looking to upgrade the motor and maybe the controller(?) to preferably a 750w to match hers. Now, i don't actually know much of anything about ebike motors so i decided to look up somewhere to get some help on the matter. Can anyone lend their expertise to this problem? I do know that i want to keep the epas system if that's at all possible.

From what i can discover on their site, the only info they give about the motor is:
350W high-speed brushless motor

Not sure if that's enough information to shop for a suitable upgrade?

Ok so no one knows or wants to tell how to upgrade the motor, that's fine. Can someone at least let me know what type of motor to get to keep the epas system? It says that it's a brushless motor so will any brushless motor do or do i need to get a special type? Any help at all would be appreciated. Don't want to spend hundreds of dollars getting the wrong thing.😣

I'm kinda looking into doing the same thing, I'm trying to find a 500W or 750W motor of the same size as the 350W that came on the bike. This way you can disassemble the motor and just swap out the internals and a new controller. Look up video of swapping on youtube. If I come up with something ill let you know.

If you haven't already, get a new reprogrammed controller that fixes your limited pedal assist by going from a max of 6A to 18A. A noticeable difference specially when trying to climb hills. I just ordered a 500W motor that I'm going to experiment with and I'll let you know what happens. I'm starting to believe that a lot of these motors are the same and can handle much more than they are marketed at. I'm convinced that they're all made to same specs and then labeled at different wattages and are controlled with motor controllers that just limit what they are capable off. Not all motors but many of them

Sorry for the late reply but I'll gladly wait to see how that works out for you as I believe I've read something similar in another forum. On my end, I've been looking but pretty much all of the 750w motors I've researched require me to install fat tires which is something I don't really want to do. It'll be a real godsend if we're able to get comparable results with a 500w motor and a modified controller :D.

If it does work then the only thing I'd be worried about is the impact on the battery as I'm the type to like really long rides as in carting around an extra battery cuz one of my favorite routes is around 70 miles lol. Do you think the extra output will impact the battery life to a large degree? It's not a deal breaker if it does but will have to start looking up a solution to the solution if it goes that way. XD

I talked to Eahora about upgrading the motor for the AM100 they said its impossible with this bike you would need to buy the AM200 or better cause they have bigger tires which it says it goes up to 40 MPH

I talked to Eahora about upgrading the motor for the AM100 they said its impossible with this bike you would need to buy the AM200 or better cause they have bigger tires which it says it goes up to 40 MPH
40 MPH?? I highly doubt that. Maybe 40KPH. Also weight is a factor, as in your weight. My XC100 is supposed to go 28MPH but I weigh 210 lb. and can barely get 24MPH out of it.

As to the "impossible": No, it's not impossible to upgrade the motor, but you'd have to get a new controller at the very least and probably a new display as well. So compare those costs against a new ebike to see if it's worth it.

If you haven't already, get a new reprogrammed controller that fixes your limited pedal assist by going from a max of 6A to 18A. A noticeable difference specially when trying to climb hills. I just ordered a 500W motor that I'm going to experiment with and I'll let you know what happens. I'm starting to believe that a lot of these motors are the same and can handle much more than they are marketed at. I'm convinced that they're all made to same specs and then labeled at different wattages and are controlled with motor controllers that just limit what they are capable off. Not all motors but many of them
What is the model # for the reprogrammed controller? I told them I wanted one and they sent me the same one as the original.

You would have to get an American made ebike cause Eahora only gives used Chinese made parts or charges a fortune to send them

Back