Alternative batteries.

The Juiced bikes, and in particular the Crosscurrent X (which I have) have proprietary form factors, connections, and mounting arrangements for their batteries, so using a generic battery would not be easy. I wouldn't recommend it. Juice’s designs are highly integrated.

The connector that comes from the controller is an XT60 connector. If you remove the battery locking mechanism from the frame you can then plug in a different battery. It wouldn't be as nicely integrated, but I'm sure can be done. Something like a triangle pack would probably work. Juiced has said before that the controller doesn't have any software in it that limits you to only their battery, but just know they won't honor a warranty claim if you somehow fry your controller with a different battery.

The connector that comes from the controller is an XT60 connector. If you remove the battery locking mechanism from the frame you can then plug in a different battery. It wouldn't be as nicely integrated, but I'm sure can be done. Something like a triangle pack would probably work. Juiced has said before that the controller doesn't have any software in it that limits you to only their battery, but just know they won't honor a warranty claim if you somehow fry your controller with a different battery.

The way they honor claims is a hit or miss propostion at best anyway.

The Juiced bikes, and in particular the Crosscurrent X (which I have) have proprietary form factors, connections, and mounting arrangements for their batteries, so using a generic battery would not be easy. I wouldn't recommend it. Juice’s designs are highly integrated.
This is completely wrong. Juiced does not use proprietary parts, specifically for ease of service.

Reention Dorado batteries are readily available on Ali Baba.

Even the 52 V batteries, which as @Timpo pointed out have an in-house designed case, are made to be backwards compatible with the Reention interface.

I believe my 17.4 Ah 48 V battery has the same case as the 52 V batteries, so it's not 48 versus 52, it's amp hours. Up to 14.4 Ah, Reention case. Above that, Juiced-designed case. If I'm mistaken, I hope someone will post better information.

I'm a bit confused here. Does anybody have a link to a 48v battery that will fit on my CCS? NOT the wide-format.

Back