Almost around the world (38,500 km) and still going

Ken S

Another month or so and I'll have done the equivalent of the circumference of the Earth in just about bang on 3 years on my Ohm(s). I say (s) as I did upgrade to the 2017 model this spring.

I would have got there a bit faster but had a wee fight with a curb and sidewalk a couple of months back chipping a bone and dislocating my shoulder. Was off riding for 4 weeks. It was brutal not being able to ride. Oh, and the only damage to the bike was a small scrape on the handlebar and a ding on my bike horn, -I protected it with my leg and arm as per my road rash...

Moral of that incident was: "Get a rearview mirror." Done.

The Ohm system based on what I have seen from others is the lowest maintenance option out there. I change the chain and derailer wheels every 6-10K or so, bottom bracket I've gone through 2, so about every 15K and cassette x 1. That's really low maintenance. I've never once had any issues with the spokes which used to plague me on bikes (x 2) with smaller hub motors. So it's like all I have to do is peddle and smile.

Here's to getting to the 40,075 km and adding another "circumnavigation".

Another month or so and I'll have done the equivalent of the circumference of the Earth in just about bang on 3 years on my Ohm(s). I say (s) as I did upgrade to the 2017 model this spring.

I would have got there a bit faster but had a wee fight with a curb and sidewalk a couple of months back chipping a bone and dislocating my shoulder. Was off riding for 4 weeks. It was brutal not being able to ride. Oh, and the only damage to the bike was a small scrape on the handlebar and a ding on my bike horn, -I protected it with my leg and arm as per my road rash...

Moral of that incident was: "Get a rearview mirror." Done.

The Ohm system based on what I have seen from others is the lowest maintenance option out there. I change the chain and derailer wheels every 6-10K or so, bottom bracket I've gone through 2, so about every 15K and cassette x 1. That's really low maintenance. I've never once had any issues with the spokes which used to plague me on bikes (x 2) with smaller hub motors. So it's like all I have to do is peddle and smile.

Here's to getting to the 40,075 km and adding another "circumnavigation".
Well done....truly inspiring

Congratulations Ken S on your long and reliable ride. I own a Turbo Levo and am thinking of getting an ebike for the street and touring. I have always liked the Ohm products and DD motors. I am going to try to test drive an Ohm and see if it's the bike for me. Enjoy your rides.

Really quite an accomplishment and it is great testimonial for the quality of Ohm and Bionx. I'd love to get the opportunity to try one.

Back