Allant headlight blinking

Well, I decided to try the ‘blinking light via flashlight‘ test in my house. No blinks. NADA...nothing. My guess is the Trek designers thought we Allant+7 owners just don’t need the same level of safety a blinking headlight provides the higher end Allant owners.🤓
Did I read right somewhere on here that you have to request to have the on/off function for the Allant 7? The manual says you can but my headlight/tailight can't be shut off.

Did I read right somewhere on here that you have to request to have the on/off function for the Allant 7? The manual says you can but my headlight/tailight can't be shut off.
Yes, you can ask for the update that allows you to hold the + or up button and it turns the light on and off

Anyone have an update on this issue? I'm facing the same thing, intermittent flashing and not at predictable times w/r to ambient light. And with the smartphone hub, the only light sensor I'm aware of is on the panel which is covered by your smartphone, if mounted, so I don't know how it's supposed to detect the level of light.
Again, my 8+S, with its SmartPhone Hub, has a sensor in the TAIL light, NOT on the SmartPhone panel. I KNOW this for a fact because I have verified the flashing HEADlight when the sun is behind me. I even shot a short video to prove to myself that I'm not nuts. But... I'm not sure about the Allant 7's system, because it doesn't use the SmartPhone Hub display, correct? But I'm POSITIVE about the sensor being in the TAILlight on the 8+S.

I'm not sure about the Allant 7's system, because it doesn't use the SmartPhone Hub display, correct?

The flashing option does not apply to the Allant+ 7 or 7s. The Allant+ 7/7s use a different headlight altogether, the Herrmans MR8, which does not have a flashing mode (according to the specs sheet the only operating mode is 'on'):

The Allant+ 8/8s and 9.9s use the Trek Lync lighting system.

Yes, you can ask for the update that allows you to hold the + or up button and it turns the light on and off
Thanks, I'll have to give the dealer a call to see if he even knows how to do it. It should have had that option from the factory, especially when they show you how to turn them off and on in the manual.

Thanks, I'll have to give the dealer a call to see if he even knows how to do it. It should have had that option from the factory, especially when they show you how to turn them off and on in the manual.
Might as well ask them to update the battery and motor also. If you want brings the NM from 75 to 85

Might as well ask them to update the battery and motor also. If you want brings the NM from 75 to 85
Yeah, I asked him about that. He said it did but I don't know if he knew what I was talking about or not. Supposed to be the best dealer in in the area. Near a big city and had the best selection. Seems like a lot of long time dealers are still learning when it comes to the ebikes. I recorded the display with my phone as it was scrolling. What versions am looking for?

What versions am looking for?

The latest version numbers for the drive unit (DU), display, and battery are posted here:

The big update that includes the peak torque increase from 75Nm to 85 Nm is DU version greater than or equal to ( >= ) 1.1.0.0.

I just got my Allant updated from 1.0.3.0 to 1.1.2.0.

The latest version numbers for the drive unit (DU), display, and battery are posted here:

The big update that includes the peak torque increase from 75Nm to 85 Nm is DU version greater than or equal to ( >= ) 1.1.0.0.

I just got my Allant updated from 1.0.3.0 to 1.1.2.0.
Thanks, I'll check it out. I've only put 28 miles on it so far.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I've only put 28 miles on it so far.
My drive unit is version 1.0.2.0 if I'm looking at it right. So it doesn't have it. It might be next spring before I get back up there. Supposed to get a free tune up the first year.

I have an allant 9.9. Initially in the smartphone hub there was a button in the app to toggle the light on an off, it didn’t do anything because it is set to always on at the dealer. There must have been an update to the app because now this light switch button is gone. I have not updated my bike to allow the toggle on/off. Did anyone else lose this button?

I have a Trek Allant +8S, my buddy has the same bike. His light blinks, mine does not. My bike has all software up to date. His does not have the motor software up to date. On his display he has a light symbol. This is not the light symbol at the bottom of the main page while on the bike but on a second page. Mine does not have the symbol. He lights blink all the time. Mine never.

Back