Alaskan Has Died

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
One of the most prolific members of these Fora, Richard M. Friedman known as @Alaskan sadly passed away on February 26th, 2023.

Rest In Peace, Richard. You were my mentor, a voice of reason, and a good friend even if we differed often. Climb up the iceberg with your bike again, wherever you are now...

1677754227056.png

Richard Max Friedman
10-26-50
⚓
2-26-23
----------
A rare situation in which we can learn of the death of a renowned Forum member from other social media...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this @Stefan Mikes . One of our best; and an inspiration to us all. For new members who don't know of him there is this thread.

Sorry to hear this…from his major heart attack at sea to his cancer struggles his spirit remained unbroken. Even as his diagnoses piled up he never quit cycling as exemplified by his evolution in bicycle choices running into ever more challenges.
He was one of the first to comment to my questions…and responsible for big $ mods on my Trek…because he just made sense.

Got back from a ride today, my first in more than a week and it felt good to get out and think about absolutely nothing for a short while...Then I saw this post and I really felt fortunate to be able to enjoy life's little pleasures.
I had gotten the impression from Alaskan's last few posts that though sad, he had made his peace and I don't think any of us can ask for anything more. As I went to prepare for a shower and turned on the radio, don't fear the reaper came on and it just seemed so appropriate for my current state of mind.

Gods speed Alaskan... and more cowbell for evermore. 👍

Back