Advice please on year of stromer St1

Saskwatch

On the frame by the torque sensor, first four no. Are - F13V.
Does this mean it's a 2013 model year?
It has the Swiss flag stamped on front of headset and on the down tube.
It is a step-through model,27 speed,Suntour Ridon suspension forks, Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes, has the gold coloured battery.
I'm a little confused on the combination of these components... is this a platinum St1?,
What's with the Swiss flag? Understood that was discontinued in 2012.
I appreciate anyone shedding any light on this for me

On the frame by the torque sensor, first four no. Are - F13V.
Does this mean it's a 2013 model year?
It has the Swiss flag stamped on front of headset and on the down tube.
It is a step-through model,27 speed,Suntour Ridon suspension forks, Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes, has the gold coloured battery.
I'm a little confused on the combination of these components... is this a platinum St1?,
What's with the Swiss flag? Understood that was discontinued in 2012.
I appreciate anyone shedding any light on this for me
Upon further reading here in EB forums, I believe this bike isn't a st1 at all but it's elder sibling, the V1 - designated by the V in the serial no.
That also explains the Swiss flag on the head set & downtube that was discontinued in 2012 and the rest of the components that are not to be found on the st1.
Still a great ride.... but just have my sights set on the ST1
Thankyou Electric Bike forums, a treasure of knowledge here, two thumbs up

I have a 2013 ST1 Platinum that I bought new in July of 2013. My bike also has 27 speeds and a gold battery. If your bike was a St1, and it has 27 speeds, it would be a St1 Platinum - as the ST1 Elite only came with a 9 speed and a purple battery, but you could upgrade to a gold battery. A ST1 Platinum can also reach speeds of 28 mph, while the Elite is rated at 20 mph. I have thousands of fun filled miles on my bike, and those are miles I haven't put on my car. Let me know if I can help you with your bike.

my understanding is that is an older sport frame w/st1 electronics. I believe it is the elite motor though. There is some number on a sticker on your motor about RPM , that will tell if you have a high speed or high torque version (Platinum or Elite). The batteries are interchangeable , I think those are the older brakes , not 100% on though. My Sports had mech adj brakes I think. There were /are a few bikes out there like this from Stromer due to initial bad motor in wheel issues , could not sell as is so they were modified after the the issue was fixed, you probaly dont have a throttle, the original sport did, usually a good deal. I think Lenny sells these may call them and ask or call stromer 800-819-4262, very friendly and helpful

Back