Advice on repairing or replacing damaged fork. Aostirmotor G20 Bike.

Uneducatedbiker17

Region
USA
Hello, I need help repairing my bike, which was damaged in an accident. I twisted the front fork and want to know if it can be replaced. The bike uses a disc brake system, and I've removed the wheel. I might need to buy a new fork. I can provide pictures if needed. Thank you for your assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_9719.jpeg
    IMG_9719.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9718.jpeg
    IMG_9718.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9717.jpeg
    IMG_9717.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9716.jpeg
    IMG_9716.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 34
I see rust on the end, but that might be from your washers, Aostirmotor says it's an aluminum fork. You have to replace it, Aluminum cannot be bent back.

Your fork is probably a 20" fork with 135mm spacing. Replacement is complicated because there is no market for these forks. They seem to cost about $100-120 shipped on aliexpress, like this one, So the sellers can ask that kind of money for a $20 part,. Ridiculous for a $699 bike,

The other issue is making sure the fork will fit. Forks are either 1" or 1-1/8" in diameter, threaded or threadless. If your folding steerer tube is held by two horizontal screws in the collar, it's threadless. If there is a center screw that holds down the steerer, it's threaded. The two in the middle are threaded.

steerers.jpg

Thank you for your response and the information provided. I am currently looking for the necessary parts and have consulted with Aostirmotor about obtaining them from their warehouse. As I have much to learn, I appreciate this forum. Are there any specific tools or parts you would recommend for this repair? Thank you for your time and expertise.

Threadless forks are removed with an allen head wrench. A combo tool will have the size you need or you can buy a set.

Threaded forks use a headset wrench, which you can buy at a bike store. Usually these fasteners are not very tight and many users use a large pliers to loosen them.

Hopefully, Aostirmoto will sell you a fork,. With other makes of this style of bike, there are enough people who have put on suspension forks that they will sell you their unneeded original fork.

Back