Advice for RV travel bike with some city use

Nice! Glad you enjoyed the humor there... As you probably already know, I love the Wellgo platform pedals. They're affordable, light weight and also come in lots of cool colors. Te fact that they actually use set screws for the grip is awesome because you can raise or lower them depending on how much grip you want. I've owned several sets and even used them on my road bike for fun riding around town :D

Jayvan, it's been very useful to follow your decision process. Congrats on the purchase -- I hope you'll report on how things go when you hit the road. We could use some of that rain here in Tucson, please!

My situation is similar to yours: I want an e-bike that I can take with me on RV trips ( mostly just me and the dog in a Class C) and that I can ride for fun and exercise here in town. I don't want to highjack your thread, so I'll put up another, assuming that the helpful people will find me there!

Rich

Rich,
Good luck and welcome to this thread and electric bikes. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I do like the bike I got. It fits me well and has me riding longer distances than I would otherwise. It's been a rainy spring here in Oregon so I haven't been out as much as I might have otherwise. I did pick up a Thule bike rack that fits in the trailer hitch for the bike so I'm all set. Good luck!

Just my two cents here: I think I'd prefer the Jet like Jayvan got with a hitch rack. You'd have the solid feel of a non folding bike and I'd imagine it would be easier to take it on and off a hitch rack instead of folding it up and bringing it inside and outside all the time. Certainly the battery can come out for charging it inside the RV while you travel from place to place!:)

If you do go for a full sized electric bike consider the EG Zurich 350 IX. I just reviewed it and like how the frame is pretty standard (will make it easier to attach to a hanging style rack if that's what you've got). It's full sized, has an easy to remove battery and blends in like a normal bike. Also, the Nexus hub will stay clean and require less maintenance (the chain is also enclosed which is nice) and since the motor is on the front it will be easier to change flats and service if you get a flat. It's also pretty affordable... ps. the video is still uploading (very slowly) hopefully live before midnight EST.

Back