Additional Battery For Gazelle Ultimate C380+

I wanted an extra battery for occasional long rides, and did not want to carry the extra battery around all the time since it is usually unnecessary. I got a second battery, which I carry in a Orlieb E-Mate pannier. Works great.
Thanks for that. It sounds like a good solution. Hopefully I’ll get to test ride the C380+ within a couple weeks.

I ordered a second downtube battery when I purchased my 380+ step- thru in June. I told the shop owner he needed to *get the battery cover* along with the battery. He forgot. The battery ($800) came in ... minus a cover. He quickly ordered a cover ($19), but we have now been waiting over 2 months for that cover to arrive. The shop owner keeps getting promises of "next week" for it to arrive. It hasn't yet.

I can easily get 40 miles on my current battery using Sport mode for the most part, but I'll need my second battery if I want to use the Gazelle for the metric century rides. Otherwise I have to ride my Vado 5.0 which has a 500w downtube battery, plus a second (604w) downtime battery that I carry on the bike's back rack until I need to swap out the batteries. Having two batteries easily give me 80 miles of range on the highest assist.

The Gazelle shop owner is at the point where he said he's simply going to give me a cover off one of the 380+s in inventory if my cover doesn't arrive by early September. I would honestly not want him to do that because it takes one of his sale bikes out of inventory. I plan to suggest (should my new cover still be MIA) that he let me "borrow" a cover for any metric rides so that I can return it right after the ride.
Those covers go on easily, but don’t come off easily. Hopefully you got your cover by now. Ed

Those covers go on easily, but don’t come off easily. Hopefully you got your cover by now. Ed
Mine was on back order for a couple of months. Came in just the other day. Hopefully yours is coming soon.

Do I need to buy the battery cover from Gazelle, I assume.

I am also assuming that the battery cannot be used without the battery cover.

Does anybody happen to have a part number?

It looks like the battery is a BBP285.

Attachments

• Gazelle Battery.jpg
    Gazelle Battery.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Do I need to buy the battery cover from Gazelle, I assume.

I am also assuming that the battery cannot be used without the battery cover.

Does anybody happen to have a part number?

It looks like the battery is a BBP285.
If the battery is the same as my Ultimate T10+ (2022 model), you can use the battery without the cover. I got one of those neoprene covers to use while my cover was on back order, but the bike would've worked just fine without a cover.

That is very good to know.

Is was wondering if the battery cover was just cosmetic.

Thank you very much.
Based on the battery cover on my Specialized e-bike, I also thought the battery required the cover (it didn't). Still, I would feel uneasy while riding without the cover :)
Interesting to see the Bosch E-Bike battery made in my home country!

That is very good to know.

Is was wondering if the battery cover was just cosmetic.

Thank you very much.

Battery covers are available, p/n 998612500 and run $9. Battery is the Bosch horizontal Powertube 500wh, a 400wh can be used too if you need to save some weight or money.

Battery covers are available, p/n 998612500 and run $9. Battery is the Bosch horizontal Powertube 500wh, a 400wh can be used too if you need to save some weight or money.
Thank you for the reply.

If you have the URL of any websites for that, I would appreciate it.

Available here as well (on pre-order currently, but usually arrive withing 2-3 weeks).

Yes, you need to slide it and you can do it only from one end (don't remember is it top of bottom). You will need to stretch it a bit while sliding, but this is relatively easy operation, especially once you do it few times.

I have an Ultimate T10+. is it the same battery? Looks like the same in the photos.

Also found searching there is a 2nd battery option for the T10+ where the 2nd battery attaches to the stem and wires in. This is obviously different than having a spare and bringing it with you.

I assume both are Bosch products, right? Can we order direct from Bosch, or are we supposed to go through our local bike shop?

I have an Ultimate T10+. is it the same battery? Looks like the same in the photos.

Also found searching there is a 2nd battery option for the T10+ where the 2nd battery attaches to the stem and wires in. This is obviously different than having a spare and bringing it with you.

I assume both are Bosch products, right? Can we order direct from Bosch, or are we supposed to go through our local bike shop?
Ultimate family of bikes use the Powertube 500wh in the horizontal configuartion, yep it's the same! What frame style do you have? 2nd battery on high step frames mounts the battery to the seattube and wires into the system so they're used at the same time and charged through 1 charge port. I believe the mounting piece and battery are around $1k but there are some sales that I've seen on the Bosch Powerpack 500wh as of late.

Back