accessory to help fix a rear flat in the field.

I just took a pair of calipers and measured the diameter of the stock CCS promax handlebars.

It happens to be the same diameter of part of my Jones Hbar as well. Either I'm going to have multiple sizes. or design a universal one that will work with any diameter.

That's a great idea! I would like to buy a set.

Oh, and just got a 3-month-awaited email today, "Thank you for your order from shop.juicedbikes.com! We wanted to let you know that your order (#2372) was shipped via UPS, UPS® Ground on 12/18/2017."

When it rains good it pours.

Cool. I am going to refine the design.. then i'll use the Juiced group as beta testers.... and then if people like it i'll offer more. Right now i'm printing them on a small 3d printer with ABS plastic.. .so they are sturdy but it takes a while to make... @2 hr per part.

once I have something I like in the next few days i'll post again.

Hey Everyone,

I was tinkering around this weekend and was making something for myself but wanted to see if there was any interest in this. If there is I might make a bunch of them.

I know everyone customize their bike and there is lots of stuff on the handlebars, but when fixing a flat in the field, especially a rear tire you need to flip the bike over onto the handle bars. Now you might be able to slide some of the electronics away ...but they are pretty exposed. So I came up with this. I saw someone on the forums made one out of wood for home...but its basically a "handlebar jack".

Now I still need to make some adjustments and it "snaps" on to the the diameter of the stock CCS handle bars. I wanted it to be light portable and strong.

I need to make it taller or have extensions and a wider foot... but i think its kinda cool...

thoughts?

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
That's pretty cool! Are they though enough for the HF fully loaded? I guess it's easy to remove the battery to help lighten the load as well.

Not sure.... We will have to test. But the ABS plastic it really strong.... I think there is more of a wobble factor than anything. I think I'm going to change the design tonight. Getting more ideas....

I'm also interested. HyperFat with Jones handlebar. Total weight of about 75 lbs. I'll be following your progress.

I might need a few beta testers before I make a bunch. We're going out of town so maybe in the new year. I have an Hbar as well, and oddly enough my design as it currently stands works better with a straight bar. So I'll need some testers with a few different types of handlebars. Still not completely happy with the design. Still tweaking. I'm also working on a way to store it efficiently.

Its also plenty strong.. as I stood with all my weight (@175) on the straight handlebar pictured and it held very well.
enjoy.

Everyone have a very merry Christmas happy and healthy New Year.

Last edited:
Very clever design and idea, @Andy_in_CA! For us smaller folks, changing a rear flat with the bike flipped over makes the task easier than trying to get the bike latched into a stand. Particularly when the motor fits really tight into the drop outs--you get a little help from gravity.

Andy, I'm also in CA, if you still looking for beta testers. Currently have stock bars but thats changing real soon....unsure of to what though.

Someone make a quick release for the damn power cable that runs to the rear wheel, that would be far more helpful as this bike really should have shipped with one.

Hehe I realized after the fact that CA means Canada and California... I am in California.

I am out of town until the new year and then it will take a few days to print a few if these since my printer is small. It takes 3 runs and about 6 hours to print a set.

Once I get a final design I think I'll cast them out if resin. Easier to duplicate...and even stronger material.

I'll send a few out to a few beta when I can in January. I'll PM the people I pick.

Thanks for the interest and help.

Happy New Year

Andy

Back