Accessories that didn’t work out?

i get that some don't like the varia - that's fine, i don't like mirrors - but your statement is objectively untrue. i'm not aware of any mirror that flashes at oncoming cars at a different rate as they approach (which gets their attention far better than anything static) or a mirror that can beep or change color depending on the rate of closure of the vehicle behind you. the former helps the driver see you, the latter helps you hear the car, which a mirror cannot do.
You must be talking about a different model than mine as I have no idea what you are talking about... flashing at cars? It has no tail light.

ahhhh that makes a big difference! mine (and all the ones i’ve seen) have a very bright integrated tail light which goes from solid to flashing as a car approaches you.

ahhhh that makes a big difference! mine (and all the ones i’ve seen) have a very bright integrated tail light which goes from solid to flashing as a car approaches you.
That would be a good feature for sure. You must have the more expensive unit.

Sad to say the KoolStop Tire Bead Jack has turned out to be a piece of rubbish. The intention of the lever was help the user pull the last inches of the tyre bead onto the wheel rim. The idea was very good, and the Tyre Jack helped me replace several tyres. However, the thing is made of plastic. When I was pulling the bead of a hard winter tyre, the end of the Tire Bead Jack broke, and the tool landed in the dustbin.

It should be made of metal!

Last edited:
Sad to say the KoolStop Tire Bead Jack has turned out to be a piece of rubbish. The intention of the lever was help the user pull the last inches of the tyre bead onto the wheel rim. The idea was very good, and the Tyre Jack helped me replace several tyres. However, the thing is made of plastic. When I was pulling the bead of a hard winter tyre, the end of the Tire Bead Jack broke, and the tool landed in the dustbin.

Has anyone tried the tyre glider https://tyreglider.co.uk/ plastic also. Would be nice to have a single unit that was easier to use than traditional tire irons.

Bought a smartphone holder to put on the handlebars, and just didn’t like it. Having a costly device mounted up high and at risk of damage just not what I wanted. Stand-alone gps (for me, wahoo elemnt bolt v2) has been so much more useful, and doesn’t drain my phone battery.

Has anyone tried the tyre glider https://tyreglider.co.uk/ plastic also. Would be nice to have a single unit that was easier to use than traditional tire irons.
Yes, and it was also junk. If you look hard enough you will find reviewers who have tested them under varied enough circumstances that they conclude it is no better than any other option. I knew this and tried it anyway. So. I did the research, should have known better and decided to try it out anyway. Silly me.

BTW if you want something that actually works, I found it but be prepared to pay out the nose: Cush Core Bead Bro. Works even better with the $30 companion Bead Dropper lever. Yes thats right $50+ for a solution but I'll be damned if it has not proven totally effective across every tubeless and tubed combination I have worked with. Including some I knew for a fact would be a nightmare. The bead tool (not necessarily the lever but that is nice to have) provided the necessary 3rd hand function to solve every problem I have thrown it at.

Last edited:

Thanks for the review Stefan. I had the product on my Amazon wish list and just deleted it. I wondered how well a plastic "pry bar" would hold up and you answered the question.

Yes, and it was also junk. If you look hard enough you will find reviewers who have tested them under varied enough circumstances that they conclude it is no better than any other option. I knew this and tried it anyway. So. I did the research, should have known better and decided to try it out anyway. Silly me.

BTW if you want something that actually works, I found it but be prepared to pay out the nose: Cush Core Bead Bro. Works even better with the $30 companion Bead Dropper lever. Yes thats right $50+ for a solution but I'll be damned if it has not proven totally effective across every tubeless and tubed combination I have worked with. Including some I knew for a fact would be a nightmare. The bead tool (not necessarily the lever but that is nice to have) provided the necessary 3rd hand function to solve every problem I have thrown it at.

I found it worked well till it broke but that was before it was out there as much. it made putting the tire on easy. I got this guy to test it was too think to get under the bead to take it off without a struggle but I haven to tested it yet to put the tire on yet. but your tools are only 30.00 if you dont get the fro amazon. https://cushcore.com/product/tool-pack/

Thanks for the review Stefan. I had the product on my Amazon wish list and just deleted it. I wondered how well a plastic "pry bar" would hold up and you answered the question.
I had ordered one from Amazon and returned it upon seeing it in person.

Thank you for the suggestion and the hands on review, very helpful.
Bob

Back