Accessories for Pace 500

siciliano88

Hi all,

Finally got my Pace 500 today. A really good deal from a local bike store, with 1 year support and assembly included in the price.

I'm looking some accessories - what have you all purchased? I need a cell phone holder/bag that won't interfere with the LCD. Perhaps a better water bottle mount that goes on the frame instead of the handle bar. I prefer not drill any holes, though.

Any cool upgrades you've done? I'd love to see photos or tips from other owners!

Thanks!
Mark

I have tried several different bottle cage mounts on my 500. This is the one I really like. Very solid. Out of the way of standover and battery removal. SKS Germany Anywhere Bottle Cage Mount. I used Aventon's plastic bottle cage with the SKS strap mount on the bottom side of the toptube as close to the seat tube as possible. Holds the water bottle solid and is easy to grab and drink and replace. I have nearly 6,000 miles on my 500. Reliable. Fast. FUN! Replaced chain. New 27.5x2.0 Schwalbe Marathon E-Plus tires.

Attachments

• 71LCsjBiPtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71LCsjBiPtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 575
Hello and welcome Sicilano, it nice to have and your participation is important to all of us. I have 1,300 miles on my Pace 500 and all trouble free except for one rear flat tire. I purchased a bar end mirror (a must have), rear rack, a trunk bag It has a bottle pocket on the rear, so you don’t need a bottle holder, multi tool kit, spare two ended tube made by Huffy, if the tube is not reparable, tube patch kit, handlebar bike stand ( this is important, as you don’t want to damage your display and scratch up the handlebars and it makes it easy to work on the bike when you turn over the bike), rechargeable front and rear flashing lights, fenders (get them from your bike dealer), I put a rear kickstand on because of pedal lock, a motion alarm (Amazon, about $20), a cable lock, a small foot pump, and don’t forget your cellphone. I know that it sounds like a lot and others will say it’s over the top, but when you break down, all of these things are important to have. Another thing that I already have is AAA membership. If you break down and can’t take care of your problem, they will tow your bike to the nearest bike repair shop. I don’t have a cell phone holder (I keep it in my pocket). I also have a bluetooth speaker on the riser which is held on with elastic bands and a safety strap around the display if the elastic band should break. I am a subscriber of satellite radio for my car and can play it on my phone, which will connect to my speaker, and when the phone rings, it will also ring on my speaker. I along with other members wish you well and be safe. Always be cautious and understand your bikes capabilities. It’s a very powerful bike, and don’t forget to wear your helmet.

I have added several accessories to my Pace 500 and I ride every other day for exercise.

My list is as follows:

1. Brooks B67 Upright Saddle: (It is much cheaper on Amazon and I got it in 2 days from a local vendor)

Brooks B67 - It took me about 300 miles to break it in, but it has completely eliminated any soreness when riding 30+ miles at an average speed of 20 MPH.

2. Redshift Sports Suspension Seat Post: (I bought it from Redshift as they had a 15% discount coupon at the time)

Redshift Suspension Seat Post - The seat post is more expensive than others, but is far superior with its design and simplicity. I set mine to my weight and it has been a perfect compliment for our hard tailed bikes. Small and medium size bumps disappear and large bumps are greatly minimized.

3. Shimano Deore XT PD-T8000 SPD Pedals (I bought on Amazon)

Shimano Deore XT - These are two sided pedals, so I can also use them as normal pedals when riding leisurely on the weekend with my wife. The clips on the bottom of my shoes lock my feet into place so they are not sliding around when going over uneven surfaces. I am using the Shimano SH56 Multi Directional Release SPD Cleat which makes it very easy to rotate out of when needed.

Shimano SH56 Cleat

4. Hafny Handlebar Bike Mirror (Amazon)

Hafny Mirror - This mirror is mounted on the left next to the throttle which gives it plenty of length to see around my arm.

5. Light and Motion Urban 500 & Vya Commuter Combo (Amazon)

Light and Motion Bike Light Combo - Good lights for making me more visible on the front and rear while riding on the road.

6. Roam Universal Bike Phone Mount (Amazon)

Roam Universal Phone Mount - Holds my iPhone 10 XS securely when riding.

7. Kenda Kwick Drumlin Tires in 27.5" x 2.2" (Kenda Online Store had a 15% discount coupon - Search for them online)

Kenda Kwick Drumlin - They have a higher rating in all 4 categories (Speed, Grip, Protection and Durability) than the OEM Kwick Seven.5 Tires and they are cheaper. I have not installed them yet, as I am waiting on a replacement spoke for the rear wheel.

Back