Access to Flow App / Customization

rb75

Region
USA
I just purchased a Cannondale Topstone Carbon Neo Lefty 3 with the Bosch Performance Line Speed drive unit. I downloaded the Flow app to customize the assist/speed/torque settings and wasn't able to connect to the bike. It looks like the Purion display doesn't connect. My question - if I upgrade to the Intuvia display will I be able to connect to the bike and customize the settings?

Incidentally, the root cause of this is as I ride I was surprised at the power I get from Eco and Tour modes. Notice some difference in Sport. But don't see anything noticeable with Turbo. I can't imagine this is typical, but interested if folks have experienced this.

I've gone back in to the dealer I purchased from and he wasn't sure, is following up with Cannondale. In the meantime I was hoping to get some answers here.

To use the Flow app you need to have Bosch's "Smart System" which I don't believe your bike has. As far as I know, at the moment the only displays available for the Smart System are the Kiox 300 and Intuvia 100 (or the SmartphoneGrip) so that suggests your bike is the previous Bosch system generation. Both the Smart System and the previous generation shared the same motor names so that's not a reliable indicator, but there are motor, battery, system, & charger changes so it's not as simple as swapping out the display unit. I think most eBike manufacturers have been mostly sticking with the previous generation up to now due to the better choice of displays on the previous generation unless you look for something only supported on the Smart System like the 750W Powertube battery.

For your model I believe you want the eBike Connect app.

I just purchased a Cannondale Topstone Carbon Neo Lefty 3 with the Bosch Performance Line Speed drive unit. I downloaded the Flow app to customize the assist/speed/torque settings and wasn't able to connect to the bike. It looks like the Purion display doesn't connect. My question - if I upgrade to the Intuvia display will I be able to connect to the bike and customize the settings?

Incidentally, the root cause of this is as I ride I was surprised at the power I get from Eco and Tour modes. Notice some difference in Sport. But don't see anything noticeable with Turbo. I can't imagine this is typical, but interested if folks have experienced this.

I've gone back in to the dealer I purchased from and he wasn't sure, is following up with Cannondale. In the meantime I was hoping to get some answers here.
Hey!

Great question and great information was shared in the first reply. For your bike, you could look at upgrading to the Nyon display.

The Nyon connected to our Bosch eBike Connect App allows a premium feature for customizing individual riding modes.

Last edited:
Back