8fun gear hub in sondors rep gears avail?

one4torque

anyone know if I can service my sondors 8 fun rear gear hub 350w hub gears? I'm getting some extra grinding noise from the gears.

Thx, I'll pull the motor apart to see what model.
I understand there is one model that req spec tools to get to gears (newer one), and this new model has rep gears

there is an old model that does not need spec tool..... and no gear avail....

Given the number of motors out there, it would be helpful to figure out how hard this might be, how expensive, and whether you need special tools, etc. I guess someone should be selling the gears, in the US?

The gears in my Mac are available and are composite, supposed to last longer. They say you need a gear puller, but the cover looks simple. I guess (pure guess) the Bafangs might start to need replacements at 2k and up. I'm hoping for 5k.

Hope it turns out to be simple and cheap. Be good to know if the 48 volts will be a problem, as well...

OK, I've got circclip plyers CHECK!
I'm just waiting on my new 48v/1500 front wheel kit from the red-star country..... then sondor hub motor comes off, and we begin dissection.
>>>>unafraid of failure..... ...err uh.. familiar with failure...... err uh..... innovator >>>>

I read somewhere that the Sondors uses a Bafang G06.350.D, which is their typical geared motor with a 170mm axle. I found some on ebay, at $360 shipped. I ordered one from China for $240 shipped, fingers crossed that I get it.

Thx guys..... sondors motor seems to be OK now back with 36v/10ah battery (as rec by mfr :)))))) ..... perhaps it has clutchs that got overheated? and now OK? we'll see.... I've put 75 mi's since the bigger battery troubles ;)

Back