750W from Ali

seb

Great news I’ve got my new Bafang 750W hub motor on his way and I should have it in less than 10days
I ordered from a China dealer on Aliexpress at 185$ same connectors should be plug and play from my understanding of all the posts I saw on this site .
any advises are more than welcome

Great news I’ve got my new Bafang 750W hub motor on his way and I should have it in less than 10days
I ordered from a China dealer on Aliexpress at 185$ same connectors should be plug and play from my understanding of all the posts I saw on this site .
any advises are more than welcome
Would you happen to have a link? That price is really low am I missing something or did you find the pot of gold at the end of the AliExpress rainbow?

If any family members want a bike once I finish mine I'll probably opt for a geared hub.
Yeah, I chose the geared hub because they are faster, lighter, smaller and don't drag when they are turned off. Choose the direct drive if you want torque, hill climbing, and longer life.

Hello hello little updates here on my new motor lol it’s an easy swap on you tube but it wasn’t easy for me , I could not unscrewed the bolts from the hub because of freewheel so I had to cut/grim the biggest ring , then the last bolts didn’t want to go away lol I had to drilled it and used an extractor lol to unscrewed it .
took me the all afternoon but the best part is coming !
when the new 750 motor and everything were back in and I twisted the throttle nothing happened...
I can hear the motor but the wheel doesn’t spin so guys please I need some help n advise lol

The clutch is either not working, or the motor is wired to spin backwards.

Did you use citizencycle's motor swap youtube video? I've never taken my G06 apart, but you must have done what he did, leave the freewheel on the motor and try to remove the screws uder it. He had room. You didn't. There are freewheel removal tools.

If the clutch is working right, I think your wheel will have resistance when you turn it backwards by hand, and spin easier going forward, If it spins equally easy in both directions, the clutch isn't working and I believe you made a mistake putting the new core in the old housing. Left out something that makes the clutch work..

This shouldn't happen if you put a bafang motor in place of another bafang motor, but some people have swapped motors and the manufacturers didn't use the same color codes on the wires, and it has happened that the new motor spins backward. On a geared motor, if it spins backwards, the clutch lets the wheel not turn. I think this is very unlikely if both motors are bafangs.

Thanks a lot for your answer , you’re right it was the video from CitizenCycle and I like that guy and he has inspired me and many others ...
I found the problem it was just little part missing on the hub axis sorry I’m not a pro and I don’t know what it calls so I think a picture is best
1329214C-5160-417D-9256-0BCD3B657E39.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep. I call them crankshaft or woodruff keys. My history with motors has been marred with the slots on the motor shafts failing to hold those keys. Glad you figured it out!

Reactions: seb
Yep. I call them crankshaft or woodruff keys. My history with motors has been marred with the slots on the motor shafts failing to hold those keys. Glad you figured it out!
Thanks A lot for your answer i ll keep that in my mind for the next time :D

Back