XP 3.0 step through folder brake pads replacements

Santa

Region
USA
I bought my wife and I each new XP 3.0 folding step through e-bikes. Eventually I will need to install new brake pads. I see several or various ones on Amazon. Our bikes did not come w/ any parts manuals. I’m guessing Lectric bike co. Sells the pads, but are OEM as good as any ? Are there some brands better than others ? I would rather buy a good quality stopping pad/product than one that just lasts longer. Your thoughts and replies are appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Be aware that the brake systems on the 2.0 and 3.0 are different. 2.0 has mechanical (cable pull) brakes while the 3.0 has hydraulic brakes with larger brake rotors, master cylinder, brake lines and hydraulic calipers...

I've read something about, but have yet to confirm, the older mechanical pads will fit the new hydraulic calipers. I still have the old mechanical brakes but my hydraulic pads still look good on my XP 3.0 that were part of the brake upgrade/recall fur the XP 3.0.

As far as better, as in metallic, semi-metallic, organic, etc. I've yet to experiment. Bad thing is I passed my XP 3.0 onto a new owner. Good thing is I see him everyday at work and he loves to tinker with stuff. I'm sure he'll do brake pad experiments.

Be aware that the brake systems on the 2.0 and 3.0 are different. 2.0 has mechanical (cable pull) brakes while the 3.0 has hydraulic brakes with larger brake rotors, master cylinder, brake lines and hydraulic calipers...

Yes and one reason I opted to find and buy used Lectric bikes than buying the new version.

Back