Wired Cruiser - monster truck of ebikes.

None

Region
USA
No it does not have crisp handling,
No it does not fit in my car,
No it is not a dirt bike for jumps or narrow trails,
No it is not a lightweight.
But who doesn't want to drive a monster truck once in a while?
This is 'merika, supersize me.
wQvnGeB.jpg

I swapped the 56T front chainring for something more manageable at lower speeds.
I changed the handlebar & stem to more neutral riding position, stock BMX handlebar placed the grips just too high, sitting completely upright.
Slap a mirror and bell on it, going for a ride with this monster truck later.
POLxqqw.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a guy sitting on a bench with one of these parked by it today. Yikes, it blocked out the sun as we passed by, it was so big,

Why a fat-tired full-suspension bike?
My concerns are rolling resistance and noise. Unless you're off-roading, I'd ditch those knobbies and go with a road friendly tread. I'd thin them down too, but that's just my preference.

Why? because this is 'Merika, go big or go home.
If I want to ride this thing on the pavement, I will wear out the knobbies before changing the tires.
I have plenty of other bikes & ebikes to ride on pavement.
Luckily, I have some protected open space trail head just 0.5 mile from my driveway; trail leads to a national park that also have trails for cycling. No need to transport this monster to go off-road riding.
If I ever go hunting for bucks, I'm pretty sure this rig can pull a trailer with ease.
I can also see myself running errands with this rig, heavy weight and sheer size of it would deter some theft when parked outside while I shop for groceries.
Beyond that, the Wired Cruiser just looks cool, not quite the size of a motorcycle, but certainly capable of 40 mph to ride among traffic. I'm sure with some pavement oriented tires, it may even record faster speeds.

40 mph on level ground! How many watts does that motor pull at that speed?

They sure promise a lot for a sub $2000 ebike: https://wiredebikes.com/ .
It's a geared hub motor, and they don't shed heat. You'll burn that motor up in short order at 3200w, and even their claim of 1500w continuous is dubious. If the motor does not have a temp sensor that is monitored the motor will not live long (and that goes for the controller too).

They sure promise a lot for a sub $2000 ebike: https://wiredebikes.com/ .
It's a geared hub motor, and they don't shed heat. You'll burn that motor up in short order at 3200w, and even their claim of 1500w continuous is dubious. If the motor does not have a temp sensor that is monitored the motor will not live long (and that goes for the controller too).

Display on the Wired ebikes do come with a motor temperature & power output reading.
Y9cAtP1.jpg

Motor will automatic shutoff at above 370 degree F.
Just because the motor has peak output of 3200w, doesn't mean that anyone should ride at peak motor output for significant amount of time. Sure, riders will test the top speed.
In reality, sustaining the top speed 35-40+ mph require a safe environment to operate.
Unless you're riding on public roads that have traffic flow of 35-40 mph, with incline; that high motor output is not likely to be required over long distance.
Wired ebikes also come with potted controllers, claimed to be better for dissipate heat.

I added a full suspension fat tire ebike (Himiway Cobra Pro). I was really surprised how smooth and stable the full suspension felt in all riding situations and speeds compared to my Radrover. Way more time staying seated over all types of terrain and bumps compared to my hard-tail/tail heavy Radrover (less fatiguing on longer mixed terrain rides).

If it had a Mid Drive/torque sensor, it would be almost perfect for what I want....I think.
That should make a good hunting bike, along with a trailer.
ymmv

Mid-drive would just make it more dependent on the chain for a very HEAVY bike.
Torque sensor just adds to the cost. There are 2WD kits for the WIRED ebikes already, no need for torque sensor.
I will figure out how to tow a trailer behind, it would a hunting trip with ebike.

Last edited:
No it does not have crisp handling,
No it does not fit in my car,
No it is not a dirt bike for jumps or narrow trails,
No it is not a lightweight.
But who doesn't want to drive a monster truck once in a while?
This is 'merika, supersize me.
wQvnGeB.jpg

I swapped the 56T front chainring for something more manageable at lower speeds.
I changed the handlebar & stem to more neutral riding position, stock BMX handlebar placed the grips just too high, sitting completely upright.
Slap a mirror and bell on it, going for a ride with this monster truck later.
POLxqqw.jpg
Received my Juiced Ripcurrent S right before the COVID-19 lockdown nonsense. Racked up 3500 miles. When this bike made it into my YouTube algorithm I was smitten.
It seems to have corrected most, if not all, of my Ripcurrent S complaints.
Ordered the step-thru Cruiser in green since that is literally the most visible color to the human eye. (will probably still get run over by a TikTok distracted generation snow flake driver.) not sure how to obtain charger adapters so I can still use my Grin Technologies Cycle Satiator charger.
'merica

Not to piss on anyone's parade but a friend of mine recently got the Freedom and for me... I'm a pass.

He has less than 500mi on it and my observation are..
It's Gigantic.
The motor is a little loud for my taste.
Front fork has minimal travel and is passing oil through the seals.
Rear battery rattles in its holder.
He drops his chain occasionally with any type of spirited riding over rough terrain.
Some paint finish fade in those hard to spray areas around the frame.
He's a happy ghost pedaler, but not how I like to ride.

On the flip...
It's Gigantic
It's fast
It arrived with a dented fender and he broke the tail light messing around and they sent him replacements immediately and without question.
He's happy as a pig.. so that's all that matters.

It may be a monster truck to you but this is a monster truck to me

Screenshot 2024-09-08 at 5.44.39 AM.png

Much more refined and was made 9yrs ago in Spain. 2000w DD motor, 50v 1300wh battery and s Schlumpf High Speed crankset annd 24" wheelset and weighs 40kg. On my local CL for $3500. I want to buy it just to have in my living room!

The OEM knobby tires cause lots of road noise while riding.
I swapped them out with some 26x3" street treads and they made the ride much quieter.
I also mounted chain guard to avoid dropping the chain.
Used a narrower/lower BMX handlebar for smaller overall size.
200 miles on the bike so far. I added a milk crate so it attracts less attention from thieves & LEOs.
It is still a big beast, but I'm getting used to the size and handling.
Once up to speed (20+ mph) it cruises nicely, suspension works well for on pavement riding, probably not for serious off-road riding.
Not many ebikes with large wheels can accelerate and cruise at 25+ to 30 mph, easily keeping up with traffic flow,
even with my 180 lb. body & two batteries that weigh over 25 lb. combined.

ZvRfszV.jpg

sMqCS5J.jpg

Much more refined and was made 9yrs ago in Spain. 2000w DD motor, 50v 1300wh battery and s Schlumpf High Speed crankset and 24" wheelset and weighs 40kg. On my local CL for $3500. I want to buy it just to have in my living room!
That's a nice bike, $3500 is a good price.. Schlumpf drive is likely $1k alone.
24" wheels are very nice, just limited on tire options.
I would buy it just to use it as a dirt bike on singletracks

🤣🤣🤣 That's exactly what I suggested he do. But with his existing ( I believe stock) chainring it wouldn't clear the chain stay. I suggested he go with a slightly smaller chainring but as with the bike.. he thinks everything bigger is better.
Do you have one on each side of the chainring?

No skin for me... Gives me a minute to hydrate/snack without getting my balls busted.

View attachment 181995

Much more refined and was made 9yrs ago in Spain. 2000w DD motor, 50v 1300wh battery and s Schlumpf High Speed crankset annd 24" wheelset and weighs 40kg. On my local CL for $3500. I want to buy it just to have in my living room!
I wanted one so bad, in fact my first diy ebike had those 24 tyres.

Reactions: JRA
Back