Straight (not angled) stem tube for Lectric XP 3.0 folding step through

Santa

Region
USA
Hello. I have bought (2) Lectric XP 3.0 folding step through e-bikes. I Don’t like the handlebar stem leaning foward. I don’t like it leaning backwards either. Tried different bars. I need a straight up/down folding stem tube. Who sells one ? Thanks for your time.

Carma, Fine if I wanted to buy stem, bmx bars together. Site does not have just the stem for sale, even though it shows it in the link you sent . Any other suggestions ? Thanks

That's a recent change apparently. I bought the stem separately. You might want to reach out to him. Perhaps the stems are out of stock and only bmx bundles are currently available?

DavidBrandNew is doing a pre-sale of the Turtle Neck shorty with the bmx bars. I'm in on that because I have the other FX turtle neck combo from him and found it to high for my liking. I'm not sure if it's (FX stem) all there, as in missing a compression bolt, but I'll dig around the garage and check. IF it's all there you can have it if you wan't it. I donated the bmx bars to the thrift store already so they are long gone. Plus, I'm currently still using the stem but I'm going to replace it with something else soon.

I was dumb and spent $80 on the tallest GT bars and they are stupid tall, almost mini ape hanger high, so I'm still trying to dial them in. Those are the ones pictured in the "folding XP pictures" I posted in your other post.

By the way, you can trust DavidBrandNew with the pre-sale. It might take him a minute for him to fill the order but he'll pull though with no funny stuff. Stand up guy and easy to deal with.

DavidBrandNew is doing a pre-sale of the Turtle Neck shorty with the bmx bars. I'm in on that because I have the other FX turtle neck combo from him and found it to high for my liking. I'm not sure if it's (FX stem) all there, as in missing a compression bolt, but I'll dig around the garage and check. IF it's all there you can have it if you wan't it. I donated the bmx bars to the thrift store already so they are long gone. Plus, I'm currently still using the stem but I'm going to replace it with something else soon.

I was dumb and spent $80 on the tallest GT bars and they are stupid tall, almost mini ape hanger high, so I'm still trying to dial them in. Those are the ones pictured in the "folding XP pictures" I posted in your other post.

By the way, you can trust DavidBrandNew with the pre-sale. It might take him a minute for him to fill the order but he'll pull though with no funny stuff. Stand up guy and easy to deal with.
I'm urging Lectric to sell their BMX setup on the XP Lite 2.0 as an option accessory for the XP Lite 1.0 and XP3 owners. I think if that happens, there will be a better option for those wanting them as they have the financial means to have them in stock 24/7 with expedited shipping. Make it happen Lectric!

That would be great. Let me know cost for shipping and/or what ever. Thank you.

I ordered the FX neck and BMX bars For my wife’s Lectric 3.0. We will see how that works. If that’s not a good combo I think w/the upan moustasche bars may be a good option. I think the bar size at the stem is a different size ( maybe) my bars are 31.0 mm- 1-1/4”. If this works I will change the set up on mine. I also have an adjustable angle stem adapter, I am bound to find something that works for her and my bike. Still going to take sc00ter up on his offer should I need to duplicate the same set up on my bike.

The FX stem uses a normal bmx sized stem, hence it comes with normal bmx style bars. I say "style" because I wouldn't go dirt jumping with them, they're mild steel not 4130. Fine for your ebike, not serious bmx riding. I'll dig around the garage and see what is missing from the FX assembly. I know the middle bolt that goes into the star washer is missing, but its a common bolt from a good hardware store. I still need to replace the stem so I'll include the original stem that came with the FX kit. I actually might be using that bolt at the moment? Again, I need to look.

The bmx style bars that come with the FX kit aren't to tall and they have a nice bend. More old school bmx than the flatter new school bars like I'm using. I should have kept the original included bars but they didn't look "cool" like my GT 4-piece bars. Yup, I'm a handle bar tramp!

The stock Lectric bars will not fit the stem on the FX kit. Like you mentioned, they (stock Lectric bars) have a larger clamping size. If I recall, bmx bars are 1" or 22.2mm? I just know its the common bmx size.

I'll get digging around the garage this weekend and let ya know what I have left.

The FX stem uses a normal bmx sized stem, hence it comes with normal bmx style bars. I say "style" because I wouldn't go dirt jumping with them, they're mild steel not 4130. Fine for your ebike, not serious bmx riding. I'll dig around the garage and see what is missing from the FX assembly. I know the middle bolt that goes into the star washer is missing, but its a common bolt from a good hardware store. I still need to replace the stem so I'll include the original stem that came with the FX kit. I actually might be using that bolt at the moment? Again, I need to look.

The bmx style bars that come with the FX kit aren't to tall and they have a nice bend. More old school bmx than the flatter new school bars like I'm using. I should have kept the original included bars but they didn't look "cool" like my GT 4-piece bars. Yup, I'm a handle bar tramp!

The stock Lectric bars will not fit the stem on the FX kit. Like you mentioned, they (stock Lectric bars) have a larger clamping size. If I recall, bmx bars are 1" or 22.2mm? I just know its the common bmx size.

I'll get digging around the garage this weekend and let ya know what I have left.
Thank you. No problem with any bolts. SAE, course, Metric, I have some of everything in just about every length, thread pitch, etc. I used to build Robotics, retired for some time now. But I just gotta build stuff. More importantly is making everything fit for my wife.

Nice! My job is over run with FANUC robots, like everywhere you look you'll see the yellow arms swinging around. It's pretty cool. You learn a bit about PLC programming and basic service work just being around them.

I might just pull the stem now and just wait for my DavidBrandNew order to come in. I don't really ride the XP that much. I'm gonna send you a PM.

Back