100 miles with Radster Road

RADsterBID

Region
USA
Like it a lot!
I have ridden over 100 miles. Here are my thoughts.
Glad I bought it and decided on the Regular and not the Large. 5'9, seat height of upper limit of seat-post. (The pedal to seat top distance is ~31.5", which matches my two other bikes, mntn and gravel)
Assembly was straightforward, except the front fender rubbed on the rear lower left. I spent +1 hour trying to get a good non-interference fit. Solution was to mount the fender at the crown with the bolt centered vertically in the slotted bracket and to bend the left front fender wire brace loop towards the front of the bike. I test fitted the fender several times to determine how much of an angular bend would be required on the left wire brace loop in order to move the fender to the right and away from the tire sidewall. I bent just the wire loop on the left wire brace towards the front of the bike approximately 15 degrees. This bend pulled the lower left rear of the front fender away the tire side wall.

I added four pieces Orcal 631 transparent to the frame locations where the frame might be scratched. I wrapped the horizontal frame segments with this clear removable plastic where I step thru the frame and where I secure the bike with straps to my 1UpUSA bike rack. I use a ramp accessory when loading the bike.

I added Crank Brothers pedal, STAMP Gen 1. I like these pedals as they are larger and provide a secure grip to sneakers.

I added Eergon Grips GC1. This grips are larger diameter, larger surface area, and a better grip fee. These grip ergonomics are improved as compared to the stock grips.

I use the small rear bag in a small rear rack. The rack is quite secure and the bag fit snug and is secured with a velcro fastener on each side.

I added a Cascade Designs Bottle Cage Mounting Bracket for Rad Power Bikes and two Blackburn Chicane Water Bottle Cage (Stainless Steel, One Size). I added 2 Rad Power water bottles. All fit well and snug.

I added a Rad Power mirror and removed the bell. The bell will not be used and it was in a very awkward position.

For charging, I use the phrase BOOB. Battery, Outlet, Outlet, Battery. This means I first plug the charger into the BATTERY, then I plug the charger into the OUTLET. After a full charge, I unplug the charger from the OUTLET and then I unplug charger from the BATTERY.

Before riding I use the phrase KOOB. This means KICKSTAND, OFF, ONE, BRAKE
This means I use the following actions when mounting the bike, KICKSTAND up, make sure the bike is OFF, make sure the bike gear ONE, and my right hand is on the BRAKE. This method ensures that I do not inadvertently grab a handful of throttle whilst mounting the bike. Also this only bike I own that has a kickstand so I am prone to start riding with the kickstand down (Did this during test rides at the LBS.)

Once I stop riding I turn the bike off before dismounting and engage the brake with my right hand. This way I do not inadvertently grab the throttle when dismounting.

Bike is stable, rides well, and the range is as advertised. I ride in either mode 1 or 2 and rarely set the PAS above level 3.

Handle bar position is rotated slighty to the rear and tire pressures are 31. Front shock is 2 turn clockwise from center. I always ride what the suspension in unlocked mode. Front suspension is adequate, however I do to ride down over curbs or in seriously bumping trail conditions, yet.

Seat position is slightly rear of center and the seat is quite comfortable.

Back