Range on domane+ bikes

atyl1972

Region
United Kingdom
hi all, I’m about to purchase a trek domane+ slr7, anyone own one as i wanted to try and find out what the range is like, or what i may expect, i am 103kg if that helps?

hi all, I’m about to purchase a trek domane+ slr7, anyone own one as i wanted to try and find out what the range is like, or what i may expect, i am 103kg if that helps?
Many variables, this is with 3862 miles on my soon to be 1 year old ride:

SLR7 with range extender, 74kg rider, 32mm tires, 28mph assistance limit, rolling terrain, customized motor output settings
max 300w/121% assistance ("eco"): 60mi
max 300w/161% assistance ("mid"): 46mi
max 300w/200% assistance ("high"): 38mi

these are my motor settings, I don't remember what the default settings were
the range extender accounts for about 1/3 of total battery/range, worth the cost

I have a domaine+ slr7 and have been riding it for a little more than 1 1/2 years now. I am 63kg and pretty fit so I am sure that makes a bit of a difference. With that said I am not sure what the previous person is doing when riding but I have gotten as much as 95 miles/4500 ft of climbing on my bike and still had 15% left.
You do not have to always have the battery on so it can be managed for longer distances by riding it as you would a bike without a battery, especially on the flats and for certain on the downhills. This bike is really smooth and it’s amazing how easy it is to peddle w/o battery.
With all of that said, I just recently decided to buy the extra battery because I am planning on using the bike on a few centuries and I want to make sure have some extra capacity.
Good luck…I LOVE this bike!

Back