Anyone know the manufacturer and model of the motor on the Lite?

geekeasy

Region
USA
Mine hasn't even arrived yet, and I'm already looking into the possibility of upgrading it.

And yes, I do recognize that depending on what I do, I might have to also replace the controller, computer, etc.

Mine hasn't even arrived yet, and I'm already looking into the possibility of upgrading it.

And yes, I do recognize that depending on what I do, I might have to also replace the controller, computer, etc.
There are some YouTube videos on modifying the XP Lite. You may want to see a few of them before doing anything. You can also modify the factory settings to get quicker acceleration (how the power "comes on"). In the meantime just be prepared to be surprised on how peppy the XP Lite is. It accelerates just as fast as my old 500 watt XP 1.0 model did, albeit the XP 1.0 was much heavier. I think a couple of guys added a second front motor which may be the easier way to go. Also check with the Lectric tech guys as they have modded out hundreds of these units as it's a very popular model to do that. Having said all this...just remember the XP Lite has a SMALL battery so anything you do to add or increase power will kill that small battery quicker. Your range will certainly suffer...but if that doesn't matter to you...

Last edited:
Range really doesn't matter. My most common route is a 6 mile round-trip. And if I'm going longer I'm happy to carry along a 2nd battery.

I'd like more acceleration off the line. I don't really need to go faster than 20mph. And I'd like the ability to power up hills where the little 350w is going to struggle.

I've seen some upgrades where they simply swapped everything (controller, computer, rear wheel, etc.) with an off-brand motor.

But I've also seen one upgrade on another manufacturer where the literally just opened up the housing for the motor pulled out the old motor and put in a more powerful bafang from the same line of motors. If I could just swap out the internals and replace the 15amp controller with an 18amp or 20amp that seems it would be ideal.

But to even contemplate this I need to figure out the manufacturer and model for the motor.

E.g. If it's a 350w Bafang H405, then it looks like they also make a 500w version of it.

Here's that video showing the upgrade of a RadPower bike by just swapping out the motor inside the existing hub.

Here's that video showing the upgrade of a RadPower bike by just swapping out the motor inside the existing hub.

The controller and motor are designed to work together..so good luck having Lectric trouble shoot any potential problems. I would run all this by them ASAP before you do anything. They will tell you exactly what you are facing. Should they tell you something that you don't want to hear... then send the bike back and get something more suitable.

I would run all this by them ASAP before you do anything. ... Should they tell you something that you don't want to hear... then send the bike back and get something more suitable.

I'm new to Lectric. The manual is pretty explicit that you shouldn't make any changes at all to the bike, but maybe that's just to appease their lawyers and the tech support has a different view.

As for finding another bike, no one makes a light weight, high power, short range bike. At least no reputable manufacturers.

Back