Cycling Shirt.

JGcycle

Region
Canada
City
Saint John
Here's a shirt that I had made recently:

pd-therapy-shirt.jpg

That's a very North American thing to me, in all my travels across the States and Canada, such honesty and sharing is what struck me the most.

Sharing personal challenges in Britain billboard style is just not the done thing, though it is catching on at charity events.

If I wore a t-shirt announcing a belief or condition , it would be responded with mild ridicule.
It's quite acceptable to share it in conversation, but we have a social ettiquite of 'get on with it , stiff upper lip'.

You'll hear old men in health centres..
'Sorry to bother you, but I think I might have chopped my finger off.'
Has finger in bag.

I think it has something to do with social health care.
North Americans have a problem, they're paying top dollar for the fix and announce the issue.

In the UK you kinda feel you're putting a baby at risk by turning up and talking to a doctor.

To be clear, I'm not having a dig, I love that about the US and Canada, you're not straight jacketed by the left overs of Victorian angst, but we are getting there via the internet.

That's a very North American thing to me, in all my travels across the States and Canada, such honesty and sharing is what struck me the most.

Sharing personal challenges in Britain billboard style is just not the done thing, though it is catching on at charity events.

If I wore a t-shirt announcing a belief or condition , it would be responded with mild ridicule.
It's quite acceptable to share it in conversation, but we have a social ettiquite of 'get on with it , stiff upper lip'.

You'll hear old men in health centres..
'Sorry to bother you, but I think I might have chopped my finger off.'
Has finger in bag.

I think it has something to do with social health care.
North Americans have a problem, they're paying top dollar for the fix and announce the issue.

In the UK you kinda feel you're putting a baby at risk by turning up and talking to a doctor.

To be clear, I'm not having a dig, I love that about the US and Canada, you're not straight jacketed by the left overs of Victorian angst, but we are getting there via the internet.
The first couple of years after my diagnosis I didn't want to "talk about it". Now, I have decided to "own it", and be aggressively proactive.

Back